Need another job

khunsanuk

Hi,

"but a question if your are leaving, who is going to look after the board or is the board going with you"

Uh, I think you misunderstood. I lost my regular job, the site / board is completely unrelated to that. So, nothing will change with the site / board (well, maybe it will :shhh::angel: , since I will have a lot more time on my hands soon :up: )

Sanuk!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says farangman:

Sorry to hear the news KS

Try contacting that big News Agency located in the building I work in....earlier this year they were expanding their IT department big time hiring both farangs and locals.

Another company in the same building is that big telecom comapny.... they may be hiring as well.

Cheers

farangman

I heard from an ex-colleague months ago that Reuters were moving most of their back-office operations to Bangkok. I gather it's legacy stuff first but she wouldn't tell me much, as she's a fat-arsed vindictive little bitch who knows how much I'd love to work in Bangkok...

Hi KS,

Just a quick question : if you, as a Farang, are competing for a job with a Thai, and you both have roughly equivalent quals/experience, so employers prefer to hire Thais, on the assumption that they can pay them less ? Forgive me if this seems derogatory to Thai professionals - I just know that its the main reason for so many IT companies and call centres moving their operations to India.

I also remember reading a thread which seemed to say that multinationals are reluctant to hire expats - they will even bring their own people from elsewhere before doing so. Perhaps that only refers to management positions - you are in a better position than I am to address this.

Hi,

"so employers prefer to hire Thais, on the assumption that they can pay them less ?"

If all else is equal then yes, I think they would. It does depend a bit on the company though I suppose. And to be honest salaries are often quite different, as are skill levels / qualifications.

As for multinationals not hiring locally. I have never really noticed this myself. It may depend on the level of job you are talking about.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"I was wondering how easy would it be to freelance in that kind of profession in BKK."

Tried this when I lost my first job here couple years back, but it is very hard if you do not have marketing skills, and are charging 2-4 times what a Thai would charge.

Besides, I do not think I would like the insecurity of it.

Sanuk!

Archived