Brief review of Regency Park on Suk Soi 22

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hum

from the bangkoktonight forum it seems that the regency park is no longer guest-friendly, or you have to pay a joiner-fee of 600-900 baths...........

does someone have a fresh report about this hotel please?

Regency Park is owned by Accor who also owns Novotel chain so I wouldn't be surprised if RP has similar practice.

I've stayed at RP more than two years ago and didn't have any problem but then again, I always booked for 2 and through their website.

USVirgin had problem at Novotel Lotus because he booked it throught 3rd party website and probably booked for one. They may not give you a problem if you book for 2 through their own website - of course you might not get the best rate.

I don't like the place.

I stayed there a couple of years ago and they hit me up for 500 baht for a guest.

I mean the room wasn't cheap and wasn't that good and on top of that they wanted a guest fee.

Plenty of guest friendly better options in the area.

Why bother with them?

• 7 months later...

I know this is a old thread but I thought I would at my two pennies worth.

I have stayed at this place for 3 years on visiting BKK.

I have never even heard about a joiners fee?

It has always been guest friendly as far as I know. I have never had any problems, one girl or two girls.

I get the same rate now that I got three years ago, booking is easy I just phone the front desk, they look you up on the computer see your details and thats it. 1500Bt Superior room including breakfast. Could probably get it a bit cheaper online but what the point of the hassle and I don't have to pay up front.

I think that once you've stayed there once the second time becomes easier.

Room services is good, the Sushi bar in the lobby delivers to your room and they have a massage in room service as well which is a good price.

I know there was construction work going on at the back, probably still ongoing?

I will be staying there this trip, actually in 7 days time. :D

It's a great location for my local watering hole, only 30 steps out the front door, yes I've counted them when looking at my feet on way back. ::

Staff are great, rooms clean and good mini bar.

I can't actually think of a bad thing to say about this place?

• 2 weeks later...
Solo1mick said: I get the same rate now that I got three years ago, booking is easy I just phone the front desk, they look you up on the computer see your details and thats it. 1500Bt Superior room including breakfast. Could probably get it a bit cheaper online but what the point of the hassle and I don't have to pay up front.

I was paying 1,500 3 or 4 years ago but the rate has steadily increased over the last couple of years and I was charged 2,160 earlier this month. I stay there 3 or 4 times a year so assumed I was getting a decent rate!! The cost doesn't bother me but knowing that some other's pay substantially less does.

The_Munchmaster said:

I stay there 3 or 4 times a year so assumed I was getting a decent rate!! The cost doesn't bother me but knowing that some other's pay substantially less does.

Have you not checked your bill Munchie, its says:

Room rate: 1,500 bht

Replacing bed springs: 620 bht

Total: 2160 bht,

So whats yer feckin problem?

Archived