villa/dara cafe?

thai3

don't think they ever opened again...(don't quote me on that though).

there's a cafe/restaurant on the same street, Rama IX, that seems to be the same sort of thing. never been inside...but from the outside it looks like the old villa. You'll find it in the corner of Rama IX/Ramkamheng Rd. I think the name is Rama IX Cafe (again, not sure though).

I assume you are asking because you are interested in Thai comedy shows. Dara Cafe switched to exclusively singers several years ago. Villa Cafe folded during the last year, shortly after the long time owner died and I do not believe it has reopened. ASAIK the only top drawer comedy cafe open in that area now is the Rama 9 Plaza (Pra Raam kao Plazah) near the corner of Rama 9 and Ramkhamhaeng.

EDIT : Sorry, took a phone call in the middle of posting and did not see Straycat's post.

No not interested in comics they bore me to bits, I am only interested in the singers. Yes the old owner of villa whcih was number one place was shot and the rumour is that it was the owner of a rival place just up the road which was responsible.

The people who took over villa and dara seemed to have had money problems and they both closed last December, sounds like they are gone for good then, bugger-peter

Archived