No LT PayBar/Barfine before ONE AM?

NokTang

Rumor being floated on other message boards. Not your typical "sales" SCAM by a girl and/or mamasan. These seem "real" as in new bar policy?

The story goes....ST only before the bar closes(basically) and the girl is REQUIRED to return to the bar or I guess get cut/fined.

Is this actually a correct report, bar management(the prefered term, I have another) is politely requesting the girls to return after short time if before ONE AM or face fines/cuts? The customer still pays the 500baht paybar. This apparently in GoGo establishments/clubs.

----Opinion-----below an opinion only of a warped mind who thinks in world outside the planet earth, don't read further if offended.......

This "crackdown" stuff, apart from the hand slapping related to the APEC summit, is most likely a colusion between the police and bars to drive the paybar price UP, allowing the customer to think and blame the police/Govt. when in fact, the bars behind it the whole time.

cheers and take care yourself! see you on the STREET or in the BeerGardens...

Nok the KOOK

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have been more clear. I was refering to BANGKOK venues, specifically Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy. This sort of "gamesmenship" has been going on in Pattaya for years. The GoGo scene in Pattaya does not compare to Bangkok IMHO. Down there, it is more tourist and happy hour chaseing local Expats. The local guys who can afford a girl from a GoGo don't generally care about long time anyhow or where the girl goes as long as the short time does what it was designed to do.

What one who is a "traveler" vs a "tourist has to know is ATTITUDE and when/if a bar is stepping in your shit with such nonsense. It impacts the girls attitude about what is more important, pleaseing you during the short time or worried about the clock and getting back to the bar on time to avoid a "cut".

It's actually in the girl's best interest because they need to meet a quota of offs in a month.

Again, your mention above factors a "bar" in life. The girl can deal with her quota's in some other way besides makeing my short time less than pleasant. The topic of "offs" aka quotas is to complex for this board IMHO. The topic of "best interest" hardly applies considering what we are posting about in the first place, IMHO.

Cheers

Nok the Kook

Want to go back, who gives a fuck. REQUIRED to go back all bets are off. It places the customer and the girl on a three legged stool. We pay the paybar, that should be IT. We may fall in love for goodness sakes!! Last thing I want to read is the girl is FINED/CUT a second barfine if she does not come back..I'd, well I could just go to hell I guess or take a hike to Thermae.(or buy my own bar and do it the RIGHT WAY)

cheers

Nok the Kook

I have heard of some bars requiring the girl to return if BFd before 11p.m. I would think if they must return before 1 a.m. then they would most customer would wait until 2 and not pay the BFine...

Problem with that is the "juices" sometimes only flow for an hour or two. You might find another girl, she might find another guy. Confusion never led to love, only to drama. I'll personally ME, not be handled in this fashion by a GoGo bar's policy and practices. This is why I was asking. I know of this "stuff" in Pattaya and had not read of it in Bangkok prior.

Thanks

Nok the Kook

The story goes....ST only before the bar closes(basically) and the girl is REQUIRED to return to the bar or I guess get cut/fined.

I've never come across this, even as recently as this month in Pattaya and Bangkok.

I must say that the barfine is there (theoretically) to compensate the bar / go-go for the loss of earnings which the girl could contribute were she not to leave the bar.

I don't do ST very often and then only in the afternoon but LT each night. The only thing I have heard has been from girls who wanted to go but who said they would come after 2am if that would help, to save me the barfine. I never took them up on the offer because I would not want to be waiting only to find out that someone else did come in and barfine her. Well, not quite true. I did once give a girl I knew the barfine money reasonably early and said that I would go drinking and to meet me after 2am. I told her if she could avoid being barfined by anyone else, she could have half the barfine (Bt 500 from a go-go). Around 2:15am she came along to the bar, happy as she would never have got Bt 250 from a Bt 500 barfine.

If anyone said that to me in a bar or go-go I would just have a quick talk with the mamasan and try and explain that I would not play that game but would not tell anyone if she let me get away with it whenever I wanted !

Archived