Price for operating systems in LOS.

sky brow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I don't think copied/pirated XP is working same as an original. On my old pc I had to install XP to make the LCD-monitor work properly after a Win98-crash (lost the original driver in the crash). Even if I got if from my normal supplier, it wasn't possible to update XP from Microsoft. The serial number was used before and it looks like this disqualifies for updating. On my new pc - bought from same supplier - XP was installed by them under an oem-license and is automatically updated without problem.

So I recommend you to first try Win2k!

elef

As far as my knowledge goes pirated WinXP is sold with an corporate key. This corporate key has the advantage that you don't have to register with M$ within 30 days like for 'normal' keys.

If you have problems with a key try the net, there are keychangers for XP out there including a range of keys that work. The more popular corporate keys are known to M$ and therefore banned from using the update service. Service packs might not work, might even change your system so you have to register within 30 days, what of course isn't possible with your key.

Good luck

This is skating on thin ice.

Elaf, your post is not clear. You wanted to get an updated driver? Why didn't you go to the monitor's manufacturer?

Also, I know several folks who updates their OS via windowsupdate.com and they do not check serial numbers. They get the latest security and patches.

<<burp>>

Yes its all in US English as default, you add Thai as a second language but set up your locale as Thai if you want to use thai programs such as thaisoft dictionary.

A pirate OS will work the same as an original unless:

1) the CD itself is bad (they use 5 baht discs in panthip !)

2) there were problems slipstreaming if it has a service pack included.

Is the OS sold in Thailand a thai version or is it a english version with thai language activated.

Assuming Windows XP, all languages can be supported using the standard English version. For Windows XP Pro, there is no 'Thai' version, though there is something called a 'multi lingual user interface pack', available to corporate customers, to add Thai help files and menus. For Windows XP Home, there is a Thai version (expensive) that almost nobody uses. XP Pro is better anyway. In my experience, most people are happy using the standard English interface as long as they can type, print and display Thai characters. Adding Thai help, menus and icons for MS Office is easy btw. Hope this helps.

Archived