Yes, the ultimate barber's shop does exist!

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"it is strictly for local Thais...ok, they made an exception for me..."

Striclty for local Thais? Have been to these places dozens of times and have never been told that since I am not a local Thai I can't enter. They don't care.

Sanuk!

I can second that Thais don't care as long as u can pay. A haircut and shave usually costs me about 55bt. They also post the prices so u know what to pay. None of that barganinng or double pricing stuff.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Shadow:

Shit, I think I may have been over charged I paid 250b for a hair cut only.

Hi shadow,

That is about standard for places targeting farang or more up-market clients. What KS and jj are talking about are the places serving the less wealthy Thais - not exclusively though. I often go to a place in Soi 22 and pay 60 Baht - recently increased from 50, or maybe double pricing. I get a decent enough job done but the place is a bit seedy. Every time, the staff are watching Thai boxing on TV while they work - and I wait if they are busy. No extras offered.

Khwai

'Strickly for Thais' is an expression that means 'mostly, if not only Thais go to, not a place exclusive for Thais'. Most Falangs hang out in the tourist areas which charge more. Once a Falang starts going to the areas where Thais go, they can get a lot cheaper prices. This point is mentioned in the first posting.

It is correct, Thais do not seem to discriminate, but there are problems in general in regards to what is being offered/available and this is due to language barriers.

An another problem is how situations change for the ladies.

As an example, one lady that arrived in Bangkok, worked in ther Soi 2 area and charged 500 baht. Soon she realized she could get more, and began charging 1000 baht after she starting working in the Soi 5 area. When she moved to the Soi 7 area, she was charging 1500 to 2000 baht for the same service she was performing for 500 baht. When the crackdowns started, she moved to an area over by the Palace. One day she approached me and offered me her services for 400 baht. I said nothing and continued to walk. She immediately lowered the price to 300 baht and after about 4 steps, she lowered it to her final price of 200 baht.

Many factors have to be taken into consideration, but right now, the prices are at their lowest and I predict that prices will get lower. Maybe, 100 baht!

LOL, Yes most definitely a typo.

Another...er...erm....friend tried it for himself today. The haircut was 260 baht and the final bill was 3,000. I haven't had chance to get the gory details yet, but know that he disappeared for four hours.

Says Bangkok Phil:

LOL, Yes most definitely a typo.

Another...er...erm....friend tried it for himself today. The haircut was 260 baht and the final bill was 3,000. I haven't had chance to get the gory details yet, but know that he disappeared for four hours.

Lol one hell of a short back and sides :neener:

We await youre..um ""friends"" report ::

Archived