Yes, the ultimate barber's shop does exist!

Forgive me gents but I haven't been on the board for a while, and I don't really have time to wade through the months of posts that I've missed. However, I still have fond memories of the 'is there a barber's shop where I can get a little extra' threads. I am happy to report that I've found it. It's in Thonglor Soi 9.

Actually if you come from Sukhumwit Rd, then it's the sub soi after soi 9 (it's a very short dead end soi that also contains the Thonglor Pet Hospital) The barbers shop is on the left hand side right at the end.

I'm yet to pluck up the courage to go in, but a friend went yesterday and this is what he said

"you enter the shop and there's a small reception area. The woman in charge spoke fairly decent English and asked me what I wanted. I actually did want just a haircut.

I noticed about six or seven girls on a sofa (two were very good-looking and five were ordinary) Because I didn't know the ropes, I unfortunately got a plain-looking one. She led me to a very private cubicle, dimmed the lights and started washing my hair. She was dressed in a flimsy top and micro-mini skirt and it was plainly obvious she was game for extras. However I was pushed for time and declined. The cost of the haircut was 260 baht.

On the way out, the receptionist asked if I fancied a massage and I got the bottle to ask for a price list. It clearly advertised 'sauna with host' for 500 baht. Yes, it was that kind of place. It's well-hidden up a non-descript soi, but I'll be back for sure when I have more time"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nice to see you back on the board!

"Yes, it was that kind of place. It's well-hidden up a non-descript soi, but I'll be back for sure when I have more time"

This sounds like a nice change from the typical scene. Nothing like when they had a massage place on the 3rd floor of Nana Plaza, and when I didn't want "extras" the girl lost interest.

Maybe this kind of low-key service, sans the price list will become the norm if the crackdown is sustained for over a long period. Sounds more like the conservative parts of the U.S.

RickF

Says Bangkok Phil:

I am happy to report that I've found it. It's in Thonglor Soi 9. . .

I'm yet to pluck up the courage to go in, but a friend went yesterday and this is what he said

So did you . . .err. . your "friend" enjoy the haircut and will you. . .err. . .your "friend" give us an update on the extras services? :beer:

great stuff phil & while you've been away nemrous naughty barbers have been posted about from t-barber soi4 & even siam sq. to barber & bar beer soi11/1 & even barber/massage at airport!

one thing that never got posted much about though is exactly what the extras are & how the service is - just like in your case...

thanks anyway

when I go to the barber shop, it is for a regular haircut and share....the price was 60 baht...gee...$1.50...no tip is required....what a bargain...it is strictly for local Thais...ok, they made an exception for me...

For other activities, I go to the massage palors, go go, nightclubs....I try to not mix and match...

I still can not get over the signs that advertise Massage and Coffee Shop....I guess after the massage you go to the coffee shop for a drink....

Sounds great Phil. Thanks.

I'll have to try it next time, will revive memories of China and the many afternoon 'haircuts' I got in a little shop behind the hotel I worked in. :grinyes:

Archived