Go-Go dancers and extra curricular activities

Palatkik

Was chatting to this one Go-Go dancer in Pattaya recently who works at a long est bar there on the day shift only. Says the mamasan will fire her if she is seen with a customer outside of work hours that hadn?t bar fined her from this bar. Seemed a little harsh to me, but business is business and she says she just take her chances.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is very common, and while I can kinda understand if this meeting was prearranged in the bar and takes place just after closing, it is very hard to draw a line on it.

After all why should the bar be involved if a regular calls the girl around 2pm for some afternoon fun?

Sanuk!

Oh boy I think NokTang would love this one.

Now everyone will tell you that the barfine is compensation to the bar for her missing or not completing her workshift.

I also go along with KhunSanuk on somone meeting a girl in the bar and then 'waiting' until her shift ends to avoid paying a barfine - foul play.

But this girl works afternoons. Her own time, evenings, is her own time! Why can she not freelance?

Says jacko:

Why can she not freelance?

Seems harsh to me too, but I assumed the bar wanted to keep a monopoly on her services and make sure she was not getting worn out during off time without the bar benefiting!

She has other plans though and wants to do day and night shifts in two different bars to maximize her income. I wished her luck.

Imo, the bf-policy is not consistent.

I stayed together with a girl from Pattaya for some time and never payed a single bath bar fine. Even she told me, she never payed a single bath to the bar. She simply didn't get payed (what wasn't high anyway). It seems, the better bars have a different policy (or: the "better" girls have a different policy ;) ).

I agree. Doesn't mean it's impossible, just never came across it. As you say, usually starting days early is for the new girls, and they all work to close or BFined.

Curious to know more.

I have come across one or two older girls who did day time shift only. Not sure if still around. This girl I mention already has her prime income from a night time job but the other day shift employer said she?d get fired if seen at night with other customers. She could care less and is taking her chances.

I think some girls may work daytime only because it gives those around them (in their private lives, family etc) the appearance of having a regular job. Some may work the bar during the day, and freelance at night, the bar just gives them a place for some income, and other prospects...

when i first met my regular girl in Patong her bar opened at 3pm and she and others worked 3pm-9pm.

she had the choice to work on,but rarely did.

the evening shift started arriving around 7pm.

due to the 'crackdown' of Sept 01,the bar started to open at 8pm and all the girls worked 8pm-2am.

the girls who were used to having the evenings ff were really pissed.

Archived