pig farming?

thai3

MightyMouse:

Before jumping in over your head, you might want to investigate how to doctor animals. Find out what kinds of medicines are available in Thailand. Learn how to give shots and how to maintain sanitary conditions. A good farmer can reduce their birth lost to nearly zero if they practice modern farming techniques.

Yes there is some medicine available but it works not easy for premature birth.

The other on time birth normally don't have same problems as premature birth pigs..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentors,

the premature birth has as such nothing to do with survival or not; with proper care there should be a death rate of close to zero. The problem are the hygienic circumstances at the moment of birth. The baby pigs probably fall into pure shit when born and then due to not being fully prepared for the hard life on earth easily develop something that is called " Toxidien " in German , which is something that does not allow the food to be absorbed by the stomach. Hence the diarroeh (?) . Heoedirrahttoeh (?). *** I cannot spell that word. It needs a 7 days treatment of antibiotics. I am an expert in this field because my current dog had it.

Bbill

*** I think it's dullorrahoe

buffalo_bill:

Mentors,

the premature birth has as such nothing to do with survival or not; with proper care there should be a death rate of close to zero. The problem are the hygienic circumstances at the moment of birth. The baby pigs probably fall into pure shit when born and then due to not being fully prepared for the hard life on earth easily develop something that is called " Toxidien " in German , which is something that does not allow the food to be absorbed by the stomach. Hence the diarroeh (?) . Heoedirrahttoeh (?). *** I cannot spell that word. It needs a 7 days treatment of antibiotics. I am an expert in this field because my current dog had it.

Bbill

*** I think it's dullorrahoe

A problem is that the premature birth are underweight. The young pig i took care of

lives in my house (bit like a housecat), the hygienic was not a factor.

But i'm not a doctor.

For anyone thinking of putting in a pig farm, it does take a lot of capital and the pig market has been un-profitable in Thailand for a few years now. I have access to international experts in this area if anyone wants more info, just contact me at my listed e-mail address.

Redman

Mentors,

human babies are born 3 months early and can survive because they are kept almost sterile . Which is why they put them under a plastic dome. Hygiene is everything under these circumstances. Tip for you and others interested : A freshly printed newspaper is almost sterile and can be used in emergency. Although I would not like to be reborn on the Prawda to be honest.

Bbill

Archived