Scandal In Premier League Soccer

Torneyboy

Rest assured - a non-celebrity subject to a similar allegation would have been dealt with very differently.

What a country.

Hi

Same here ..would be all over the front page.

Starting to get a bit of a smell about the story....print the names and lets see the fur fly...are they(players) a protected animal?

Look what happened to Shane warne...all over the papers...left the country to get away from the press.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more breaking news.

as i write this a Leeds Utd player is helping Police with their enquiries after the allegation of a serious sexual assault involving a 20 Y.O. woman.

another Leeds player is also helping the Police with their enquiries,but without being arrested.

where will it all end?.

no names yet,but is that surprising?.

only vague reports heard by me,but it seems a lay-by has been cordoned off and being checked by forensic officers.

are these Leeds players so poor they 'might' have to do things by the roadside instead of renting a hotel room?.*

read the thread i started about Rio Ferdinand to see about double standards.

*a big disclaimer from me,i'm only talking about sketchy media reports,some fact but probably much rumour.

Independant

heres the link about the Leeds players.

It seems like a national trend at the moment.

What I cant figure is that with all the money and fame these guys have, is that there must be enough willing girls/women without having to force things. Or is it they get caught up in their own self importance and cant believe that a girl would say no to them. Shameful.

Too much brass, too few brains? Bloody hell, they're all at it... :drunk:

Newcastle striker fined over drunken attack

(Independent 8 Oct 2003)

By Paul Peachey

The reputation of Britain's leading footballers was further tarnished yesterday when Craig Bellamy, the Wales and Newcastle striker, was fined for abusing door staff in a drunken row at a Cardiff nightclub.

Bellamy, 24, was fined ?750 and offered an apology of sorts through his solicitors after admitting the offence but claiming he had been "severely provoked".

The footballer had been "fuelled by drink" when he tried to get into the Jumpin' Jaks nightclub on 24 March, Cardiff magistrates' court heard. Door staff told him it was too late to get in but Bellamy tried to push past them. Bellamy was shoved down the stairs leading to the club but continued yelling at staff and others who had gathered outside the club. Bellamy left in a taxi when the police arrived but later voluntarily turned up at a police station to be interviewed.

At the hearing yesterday, Bellamy admitted using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour but the more serious charge that the abusive act was racially aggravated was withdrawn.

Deputy district judge Anthony Smith-Jones told Bellamy: "You are a role model. People do look up to you and, in this, you have let yourself down."

jack :o

The Leeds player has been identified by the Yorkshire Evening Post. No surprise there, it is Jody Morris.

There is a clear difference between the way the police has acted in the London and Leeds case, a much tougher policy in Yorkshire. There has been no arrests in the London case although people have been identified by the victim, while the Leeds coppers acted quickly. Neither the players or the clubs has been identified in public for the London case. There is rumour of a rift within the police, and annoyance when it comes to the careful approach in London.

I think it was only right to identify the player at this stage, as long as the club had been pointed at. People would have wondered if it is this or that guy and innocent people would have been victims if the player was not named. Without the identification it was Leeds Untited who suffered, and not the player.

The club partly has it self to blame for getting into the spotlight this time. Jody Morris is a known troublemaker, and it was folly to bring him to Leeds before this season. I hope they throw him into the reserves and fire him later if he is found guilty.

We've been dealing with it for a while here in the states. There are more than enough willing girls who pretty much stalk players at the hotels and clubs they frequent. I think they get bored with the willing and want 'new challenges'.

Similar to some people in LOS who tire of BGs and want a GTG challenge. Not in all cases just the situations motivated by a need to prove to ones self they can do it.

Do players contracts have morality clauses in it? I know there is a FA rule for bringing the game into disrepute. Some pro teams here have morality clauses in the contracts and its routinely done in some sports. Its vague enough to cover anything from mass murder to spitting on the sidewalk.

Archived