Moving to Thailand in November!!!????!!!????***

OK bud here goes

[color:"blue"] got a great World atlas that doesn't list Penang or Phenom Phen. [/color]

Penang......Malaysia......your 'great atlas' may only show Georgetown

Phnom Penh ....... Cambodia...OK I spell poorly...get used to it so does every maps and sign here :grinyes:

I imagine there is a train to Vientiane. Nope

I'll hire one of you as a body guard. hahahaha

But a couple of bottle of wine will pry secrets from my lips. :beer:

Of course you know, that this will also cost you entire night of drinking...............as long as you figure you can keep up to an old man :rolleyes:

Anyone know how much baggage you can bring on the airline? I'm thinking one large suitcase, and one large carryon.

................check your airlines web site....usually 2 checkons and one 'normal' carry on.

Tell me about the floating markets????????????????????

..........No...too dangerous to start out on. :hug:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear they almost always give you a 30 day extension on your visa. USED to be true

--------------SHIT SHIT SHIT-----------------------

really????????????????Wuzzup with that??????????

Whats the cheapest route to get a visa on a boarder jump?????????

Mnvinaz

If you already have these fine wines and hot asian babes with you, you are only missing work. Better to stay in SF and

find a $1500 a week job than have to live like a peasant for

$1000 a month just to be told in a short time peasant living in Thailand is no longer accepted or vogue. God bless you guy and may Bhuda watch over you while in Thailand. By the way would you be watching commercials on the tube and sending it to us on messages or looking through a magazine.

These are the terms you need to get use to Singha (local beer), Mekong (local whiskey) Lipo (caffine mix that will keep you going for hours, Hong Nam (toilet) nom (water). You will be a changed man in a few months and anything is possible with the right moderation. Think of it as living cheap in Mexico but with much more temptation.

What the hell,.......it does list Georgetown. What the hell is that doing there?????????????

I still cant find Penang, it will probably be easier tomorrow.

Phenom Phen...you're right, much easier to find when you spell it correctly. My great atlas can't correct for spelling errors.

Two bottles of wine spills all huh, you're a cheap date.

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHA

------------------

Never had or heard of anyone having their luggages checked arriving. The problem is, how do you keep the wine in a climate like BKK, not to mention a good bottle does not take traveling too well. White wine Ok for fridge, but red wine?

Hi Pty

I always take about 4 bottles of red wine into Bkk each trip.

Not top end wine...so the travel is not a problem.

BTw...doesnt have to as i drink them quickly ::

wcv56,

how much for a Singa over there??????????

The wines I own aren't like the finest wines in the world. There just from really small wineries in Napa and Sonoma, didn't cost a shit load, but are really good cause they care about their wine.

Even if I did live on the cheap, I wouldn't think that I would call myself a peasant. Maybe one that is learning a culture and living like a peasant at worst. Eating the food there would be better than any wine I could buy in Napa. I'm going to try to enjoy the small things.

I haven't had cable for more than six months, Sold my TV a week ago, so I promise no plagerism from TV. It's more of a dream....................

NO go on the hot asian babes, only ones I know work as bartenders and walk out with the same guy everynight when they are done. One's a girl from Thailand, she maybe the prettiest girls I have ever seen. But in every Thai resturant there is one to match. The Thai girl is teaching me how to speak Thai, she has a bachlors degree. I find it very, very difficult to remember if i don't repeat things at least every couple of days. Mai Pen Rai

Beleive me my computer knowledge is beyond basic. People in the IT industry know the different. There are bad technicians, there are technicians with little experience, there are technicians that are sick or out all the time. I'm not one of them and my background proves it. Technically I'm not at the cream of the crop, but my work has provided a very good living to me for many years, and I have been appreciated and it is a damn hard job that many people couldn't do.

It's all a dream maybe.......................

nom is ...........water....

Kuh Kung Krap

How much is a laptop over there? What are the internet cafe's like???? Any slamming women in the cafe's looking cute?

What the hell do you drink in an internet cafe? how's the speed connection?

What movies am I checking out, anyone seen that new Terintino flick..........Is it subtitled in English.............Live guppies in noodles...........Elephant penis............Pad thai, tell me about the pad thai........................Bikinis..............snorkeling..................what's a good tropical drink there......loved Woo hoos in hawaii...Pina Colada with vodka.......

Floating markets, I plan to own my own hot dog stand floating market boat. MATTs Floating Market hot Dog Boat. Maybe a few Christmas lights, I'll sing" take me out to the ball game" every half hour. I'll get hot Thai chicks to dress up like baseball players and they can dance when I sing. Would that be possible to do on the Chao Phraya. It's really a dream of mine. I'd squirt squid sauce on the hotdogs if someone asked me to, the Thai people would get half off the price......

tell me about DVD and how to rent movies??????????

So you do have your certification MSCE and degree. Well this will get you to at least the level of a few hundred thousand unemployed thais looking for computer work. Westerners living on low wages (peasants life style compared to a person who has income living in Thailand from western world).

Singha not sure what the cost is I have not drank one in at least 10 years but I would say 30b at 7-11 not 9/11. I think actually it is nam the spelling, but pronounced nom. Mi Belie Krap

Archived