Safari World

shotover

My friend's mother and younger sister from Issan are visiting Bangkok this week, and we are planning a trip to Safari World on 23 October (Thursday). Any advice is appreciated.

Specifically,

Would it be better to hire a car and driver for the day (estimated cost?), or just take a taxi out there, and another one to return?

Do you walk around the park on your own, or do you need transportation within the park?

I would rather avoid the bus/minivan tours offered by the travel agents as these involve multiple hotel stops before leaving and returning.

Thanks,

Shotover

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

There are 2 sections to the park. One is the 'safari' part in which you drive through the areas where the animals walk freely.

You need either a car for this, or use the bus from the park (I believe they have one, but am not certain; we came by car).

The other part consists of a bunch of shows and you just walk through the park from one to the next. No need for a car for this part.

There are usually a bunch of taxis there, but you might want to make sure you leave at least 30 min before closing time.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Having been to all 3 I would say Dream World. It was certainly the one I enjoyed the most.

Safari World is okay, but there really isn't too much to do.

Siam Park City is a disgrace, large parts of the park are in serious need of repair and the park is just dirty. I doubt any maintenance has been done to it in years. Not a place I would allow my kids to play in any of the rides.

Dream World is quite a lot of fun. Lots of different rides (for different age groups), lots of places to take pictures. And of course it is home to Snowland, the only place in Thailand were you can play in the snow.

Sanuk!

Hi Limbo,

Dream World is located beyond Don Muang Airport at Km 7 Rangsit-Ong Kharak Road.

http://www.thailand.com/travel/recreation/recreation_bangkok_dreamworld.htm

I went there 2 years ago with TGF and her family. We rented a minibus with driver. Big raining, but the children really enjoyed Snowland.

Thai discount/farang price! ::

elef

Says khunsanuk:

If I remember than Dream World did not have double pricing...

I went there today with the in-laws. They DO have double-pricing, and even some sort of comission system for taxi drivers. It was easily enough to dogde them both though. I just ignored the cab driver and told the cashier I worked in Thailand and should get Thai price. It worked, so I got the 300-something for the 'Super Saver Ticket'. The only English text posted clearly says 'Tickets 450 baht' (there are of course lots of other prices posted with Thai numerals).

All in all, quite fun over there and it was certainly appreciated by the younger ones. (No real good roller-coasters however which is a pity)

Archived