Safari World

shotover

Hi!

(up to a certain height of course)

That's interesting. I have only seen it in HK and Macau. On the other hand they seem to use bamboo while building the highest sky scrapers.

According to a program on the Discovery channel the strength/weight ratio of bamboo is three times as high as for steel. The plastic bands they use to bind the bamboo together didn't look very reliable though. My old scout leader would kill himself if he saw it. :D

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I only commented because it's a slow day at work and I am tired of the Python interpreter's nasty remarks on my syntax.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh Thai maintained with Japanese engineering specs it a totally different story. Thais are great at doing things.- following instructions. With Japanese made manuals and management, I have confidence in the dealer. In the local garage. Now that is a completely different story!.

A friend at work needed a new gear box and the local garage intalled it for him. Unfortunately, upsidedown. so gear one is on the bottom and gear 5 is on top. :applause:

Says whosyourdaddy:

A friend at work needed a new gear box and the local garage intalled it for him. Unfortunately, [color:"red"] upsidedown
[/color]
. so gear one is on the bottom and gear 5 is on top.
:applause:

Not really. They just hooked up the shift linkage wrong. Easy fix on some vehicles. Others you have to remove the tranny to get at it. :banghead:

Besides, it make his vehicle unique, and more difficult to steal. :neener: A thai security device. :rolleyes:

Guest lazyphil

<<Besides, it make his vehicle unique, and more difficult to steal. :neener: A thai security device :rolleyes:>>

I always thought you North Americans were incapable of using a ''stick shift'' and opted for automatics--and driving a manual (thats better :grinyes:) car in LOS on the left hand side must be tricky for you lot of sunday drivers :cover:

Says lazyphil:

<<Besides, it make his vehicle unique, and more difficult to steal.
:neener:
A thai security device
:rolleyes:
>>

I always thought you North Americans were incapable of using a ''stick shift'' and opted for automatics--and driving a manual (thats better
:grinyes:
) car in LOS on the left hand side must be tricky for you lot of sunday drivers
:cover:

We 'North of 60' fellas are a little different. (I also drive Mon - Sat) :grinyes: Last year I nursed a 4 speed back 300Km with no clutch, at 30 below zero. We HAVE to be inventive up here. :beer: Or freeze your butt off. :doah:

Update on my trip to Safari World:

I paid a driver 1200 baht for driving us from Suk Soi 22 to the park in Minburi, from 8am to 6 pm. He did not want to take his car into the Safari park due to fear of what the animals might do to his car, but waited at the park for us.

There were plenty of taxis waiting at the exit when we left, but if you leave the park at the same time much of the crowd does, you may have a long wait for a return taxi driver if you do not have one waiting for you.

The double pricing was pretty steep, 700 baht for farangs and 390 baht for Thai nationals for enty into both Sarari World and Marine World. The Sea Lion and Dolphin shows in Marine park were both excellent and on par with any similar shows I have seen in the USA.

All in all, a fun trip.

Just went to Dream World last week and yes they do have double pricing.

There are 2 options for Thais (adults that is, can't remember the child prices).

1. Entry only (you pay per attraction later), is Baht 120.=

2. Super save ticket (includes most but not all), is Baht 295.=

For foreigners the price is Baht 450.= (not sure if everthing is included though).

I wnet to the counter myself asked for 2 tickets in Thai and got 2 for the Thai price. No questions asked.

For Snow World you need to pay extra (Baht 120.= if I remember correctly) and also not included is the "go cart circuit", which you pay extra by the hour or part thereof.

Safari World has double pricing, but if you drive in with your own car at the Safari part first, you get in with the Thai price.

You'll be asked if you want to enter the Marine park as well.

Can't remeber the prices, but entry to both should be in the Baht 300-400 range.

Not sure what that 450 baht ticket you mention includes maybe snow world and all other rides as well, ??? was there a sign saying foreigners 450 baht or they told you at the window

I have been there a dozen times with both Thai's and Farangs in the group and always the same price for all, sometimes we all had the 295 baht ticket and when not buying the super save ticket once inside all rides were only one price,

There is a sign and there's even a separate office for foreign tourists to buy tickets and get "English" info.

Perhaps the Snow world is included and if that's the case it's not a bad deal.

Archived