Real Pizza !

New Petchburi Pete

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Bella Napoli" ... doesn't impress me at all :down:

... ? what's the name of the place on Soi 31 ? - and, can you direct me to it ... or is it so good, that the smell of anything close to "real pizza" will lead me to it? :grinyes:

BTW, I'm serious about the concept of a group of foum members, who crave the real thing, pooling resources, etc. to open a real pizza parlor/beer bar/whatever ? ... maybe we can also offer 'special' haircuts! :grinyes:

Says New Petchburi Pete:

BTW, I'm serious about the concept of a group of foum members, who crave the real thing, pooling resources, etc. to open a real pizza parlor/beer bar/whatever ? ... maybe we can also offer 'special' haircuts!
:grinyes:

Well when you need a Chef :grinyes: see avatar :beer:

Hey Pete,

Gonna have a Santarpio's?

A buddy of mine was just here from Boston, Arlington actually, and we were reminiscing about the various pies in the area.

My faves:

1. Santarpios on a good day.

2. Marconi?s in Ashland

3. A few places in the North end that I knew by location rather than name.

AFAIC, the Northeast (NYC & Boston) is the American pizza mecca. And forget that Chicago stuff, cheese pie is not pizza. Oh, and that crap loaded down with too many toppings described as American pizza, that's just corporate crap not real Italian-American pie. Anyone who eats Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns or any of the other corporate chain crap doesn't know pizza. :nono:

Says New Petchburi Pete:

"Bella Napoli" ... doesn't impress me at all
:down:

... ? what's the name of the place on Soi 31 ? - and, can you direct me to it ... or is it so good, that the smell of anything close to "real pizza" will lead me to it?
:grinyes:

I think you're not reading Kwais post properly! ::

Here we go again:

Bella Pizza is on Soi 33. It's nothing special...not bad but not ...err...special. I think this place is owned by a Swede. There is also branch Bella Pizza in Seacon Square.

Bella Napoli is on Soi 31. If coming from Sukhumvit it's on your left, next to a beauty salon/hair cut place. If you like pizza this one should make an impression! :up:

Further down Soi 31, on the green route, there is yet another pizza-pasta place run by an Italian that is supposed to be on par with Bella Napoli. Follow Soi 31 to the intersection at the green route (korean restaurant on your right), take a left, follow the bend in front you and on your right side you'll see it. Name escapes me at the moment...but it's some Italian city, lots of glass and looks nice. (I think 'gummigut' has made a review of it, check the archives). I have not tried this place yet -- but only heard good stuff about it.

Hey Brink,

Absolutely, without a doubt ... no pizza 'vacation' would be complete without a stop at Santarpio's ... ? perhaps the best :up:

Even though I overdid it during the Pats victory over the Browns yesterday, I've got a slice heating up in the toaster oven as I right this ... and, if it's a litle too crispy due to my tendency to be too verbose ... no problem! It won't go to waste! I do bellieve that if I ever moved back here, I would have to enter "Pizza Anonymous!" :grinyes:

But, then, since I depart Logan on saturday, that shouldn't be a problem!

I wonder what they would do if they asked me to open the suitcase & found a large, wrapped 'pizza to go?' :dunno:

[color:"blue"] I wonder what they would do if they asked me to open the suitcase & found a large, wrapped 'pizza to go?' [/color]

Who cares, as long as they didn't want to share. :grinyes::beer:

How about bring some Brio ......... can't say I've ever seen it in LOS.

I used to bring huge deli sandwiches for my mates from my favourite Kosher Deli. .......... we all have our addictions :hug::rolleyes:

Archived