Real Pizza !

New Petchburi Pete

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bella Napoli is on Soi 31. If coming from Sukhumvit it's on your left, next to a beauty salon/hair cut place. If you like pizza this one should make an impression!

Further down Soi 31, on the green route, there is yet another pizza-pasta place run by an Italian that is supposed to be on par with Bella Napoli. Follow Soi 31 to the intersection at the green route (korean restaurant on your right), take a left, follow the bend in front you and on your right side you'll see it. Name escapes me at the moment...but it's some Italian city, lots of glass and looks nice. (I think 'gummigut' has made a review of it, check the archives). I have not tried this place yet -- but only heard good stuff about it.

Bella Napoli has my vote as the best pizza I have had in Bangkok the other one further down the soi is ok but not as good IMHO

I like Bella Napoli as well. Also, the pizza in Paparazzi's on Soi Ruam Rudee is OK.

I agree that the pizza in Bangkok is not the same as I am used to back home. I am from South Philly/ NJ and we have pretty good pizza and Italian food in general. I recently returned after several weeks there and added a few pounds after abandoning my Atkins Diet. Pizza and Atkins do not match.

:p

• 3 weeks later...

I've been back in BKK for more than two weeks now; but, have not even given thought to pizza yet !

I was in 'pizza heaven,' for 30 days ... had my first slice at JFK airport ... overpriced? ... yeah, but worth it! ... then all the stops I've mentioned above in the Boston area ... I will miss it, until I next return ... then, the ranting shall start again!

I suppose in a few weeks, I'll try some local version. Trust me, if I like it, I'll let you know! :beer:

Yeah, Pete, I know where you mean. Although they would not probably know what ale is. :) Probably call it Beef and Beer/Suds.

In Camden, NJ when the drinking age was 21 while I was in college there was a bar called the Grill that served the best roast beef sandwiches with juice and green peppers...and draft Schmidt's beer - even though we were not quite 21. :: I still remember the proprietor of that fine establishment: Mr. Dick Large. No joke...

And, don't get me started on the pizza in Philly, which they still call tomato pie...

Is it any wonder why you see so many wide loads waddling around in the States? That is always, unfortunately, the first thing I notice when I arrive in my first stateside airport. Bleah. ::

My new personal favourite is Pizzeria Limoncello on Sukhumvit Soi 11, opp. Grand President Hotel. It's only been open 2 months or so but doing excellent business. A month or so back I saw the eldest daughter of the king there, with some hi-so entourage and very low-key security.

The restaurant is owned by that guy Zanotti who owns the (very expensive) restaurant by the same name on Soi Sala Daeng, so you know it's quality (though he also owns Ovvio in Discovery Center which is nothing to write home about).

Limoncello serve very thin, crisp and tasty pizzas from 180 Baht. The cocktails at 250 Baht a throw are way overpriced, but the Italian house wine (120 Baht/glass) is a pretty good deal.

They're closed on Mondays.

Archived