Quick update, the current ranking (after 76 votes) is:

Angel Witch 8

Midnite 7

Playskool 5

Tilac 5

KC III 4

Pink Panther 4

Sanuk!

If one wants to find the best bar then one really has to pound the pavement (and pound the drinks) and move from place to place. I don't visit the gogos much anymore, but when I recently did a grand tour over a couple of days I found that the bars really have changed quite a lot. The polls will wind up showing which bars are the best known, not necessarily which have the best girls and atmosphere.

Best bar of all time was Titty Twister in 1999-2000. RIP! ::

Cheers!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"The polls will wind up showing which bars are the best known, not necessarily which have the best girls and atmosphere."

Granted, but do you have a better alternative?

Sanuk!

Nope!!!

However, if we had a mega rich and eccentric sponsor out there, we could form a professional bar review crew. Each would have their basic stats and preferences posted as background info and then rate the bars from 1-10 in various aspects, going to each one at least once a month to update the info. Just like with movie critics, each reader could find one reviewer with whom he relates and he'd follow that person's recommendations more closely.

Bars seem to go through phases of popularity - but it seems that by the time the word is out that a bar is good then it seems to fall into decline. Then punters come to Thailand expecting a massively wonderful experience and get disappointed if their evening is spoiled by things like drinks not given away for free or girls not willing to shag LT for 100 baht. ::

Cheers!

>>>somewhat ironic really given recent threads!<<<

not really, given that everybody is entitled to his own opinion, and most don't really give a fuck either way.

'ya know, there is no communial condemnation here of some bar or something.

the threads you talk about had more to do with some ego games and cliquish mobbing than with the particular bar talked about.

anyhow, the only irony for me is when grown up men get into some war of the buttons over ... one gogo bar, for christ's sake. well, and a few other little points... ;)

Archived