Best GoGo bar in BKK 2003

khunsanuk

I just got involved with this, and have to admit, sub-categories are probably a good idea here.

I realize we are voting for the best all-around gogo bar here in Bangkok. Angelwitch got my vote last year, and they didn't do anything to not deserve it this year. No other gogo bar did anything special the past year to supplant it IMO. AW is the only gogo bar in Bangkok (maybe with the exception of Long Gun) that you can count on to have a big crowd in every night. That's why the voting doesn't surprise me again this year.

Phat Phak made a good post about something that annoyed him in AW (PP, I apologize for suggesting the subject be changed - you are right, I was looking at the hi-jacked version of the thread), but I think there is still enough good things about the bar to still make it the best overall.

It would be interesting though to come up with a few sub-categories (not necessarily for plaque-awarding):

Best dancers

Best music/DJ

Best drink prices

Best shows

Best rest rooms

Best dancing costumes

Best ventilation/air-conditioning

Best seating/viewing

Best dek-serves

Best mamasan

Yeah, some of these are a bit much, but these (and others) are all things you consider when thinking 'best of...' and bars that deserve your repeat business.

Anyway, again, this is all very subjective as I look for certain things (in the list above) that you might not give a damn about. Still, AW has the best combination that makes it the only must-visit bar for me in NEP now. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST, the last time I was in Pink Panther (about 6 weeks ago), it was outstanding. I, too, had enough of the boxing bouts and stopped going to Pink Panther. Now, I think they have the boxing only 1 or 2 nights weekly.

The night I was there they had six dancers on-stage and each of them was an uber-stunner. :)

Archived