Number of posts:Does it matter?

TroyinEwa/Perv

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS, you beat me by one point. But then you're SUPPOSE to be on line. I'm not. Oh, well.

Be interesting to compare the numbers for expats against those living outside of LOS. Those who live here don't have to be reminded of Thailand. We just look out of the window or walk out of the door!

:grinyes:

Hi all,

30 for me, so that is ok.......

To come back to the original post, I was curious to see some of the replies, and I am happy most are in agreement.

I would like to compare a webboard-members with a soidog barking at all passing cars, you can read all postings here, but there is no need to reply to all of them.

I for one, do not post much at all the last few months, but I did read at least 90 % of all postings.

And yes, I could comment and reply to all postings, but would I have anything to contribute ?

Cheers !

The reason I ask is that just because a person has 5000 posts may not make that person more knowledgable that the guy with 5. The guy with 5 may have visited Thailand dozens of times and has either just found this board or chosen not to participate too much

Hi,

As someone with a lot of posts but very little time in Thailand under his belt (less than a month ..), I know what you are saying. However, as someone who DOES try to get to Asia (I want to see countries beyond Thailands borders) at every opportunity (once a year is the best I can do) *and* as a member who posts regularly and attempts to contribute to threads where I can, I do have an issue with the 'silent minority'. If you just want to read other people's posts, then fine, but I'd prefer to see every member, *particularly* those with extensive experience in Asia, making a regular contribution.

I find that posts from board 'newbies' tend to quickly identify them as 'old-time Sanukers', purely by virtue of the content and laidback style of the posts, regardless of the number of posts next to their board names. I can assure you that very few of us get too excited over these numbers - what I personally want to see are thoughtful, informative and well-written posts : I cant speak for the rest of the board members, but a quick scan of the board would seem to indicate that they agree with me.

The exception to the 'post what you will' ethos are standard netiquette gaffes such as trolling and flaming. Deliberately looking for a response so that one can get 1000 posts per month is tedious in the extreme. Enjoy your time on the board.

Archived