Don't Nail The Coffin Shut on NEP Just Yet...

Sarisin

> I am not ready to do that yet

I was pleasantly surprised at the upturn in NEP as of late. The new line up at Erotica is a turn for the better. I always knew this bar had it but only recently can I say it is a fun place. Good music too! Pretty Lady deserves a mention also, some very cute girls in here and both these places show more flesh than others. 3rd floors bars mostly boring and covered but lots of newbie punters to fill the atmosphere. Didn?t even go in a Crown bar.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear this, and thanks for your comment on the drink prices in Sheba's.

I read that tonight was the grand re-opening of Carousel on the 3rd floor, which I assume will no longer be known as Hollywood Strip. :: Geez, you really need a scorecard to keep up with all these changes.

I agree that Erotica has become quite a fun place, but again, as always, YMMV, so please don't say Sarisin sent you there and he is such a dope. :rolleyes:

sarisin wrote: My only disappointment was an annoying 'bottle shaker' (dek serve) who would not quit. No way I would order another drink with this business going on. Made me leave earlier than I would have normally considering the talent on-stage.

That bar is the absolute worst as far as that obnoxious behavior. I will never go back there, after the "buy another drink" harrassment I got there about 6 months ago......At that time, there was an asian guy managing the place (fairly large guy, probably Thai though)....and he and some dekserves were harrassing customers to buy more drinks less than 30 minutes after the prior drink....things like sticking a menu in your face and shaking it, etc.

Yes, my friend and I received similar treatment in Suzi Wong. Personally, I am not much of a drinker although I often buy more than my share of ladydrinks. Therefore, I often sit there 15 - 30 minutes with one beer.

I just don't like it when service people come up and shake my beer bottle every few minutes and then make a sour face when they see I am not ready for another. Yes, I happen to be a very handicapped individual, totally incapable of knowing when I want another beer and then able to successfully communicate my desire to the dek serve. Isn't it nice that they want to handle this for you? ::

Of course, it is better than a few PP bars that used to bring you a drink (and sometimes a ladydrink) whether you asked or not. :(

Alright, I know they are in business to make money, and selling drinks is a big moneymaker. But, there is a fine line between good service and plain annoying. To me, pushing drinks is a negative that just helps me decide which bar to visit and which to avoid. ;)

Archived