Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have profound learning difficulties. :clown: I am now in my forties but have as yet been unable to learn how to leave a bar sober, how to be faithful to one woman, how to say no to a handily-placed hooker, how to wake up with a wallet that is not running on empty, and how to stop swearing and leching and generally acting like a chimpanzee on acid when "in my cups". :drunk::doah::drunk:

And yet I have not once felt compelled to rape or murder anybody, nor ever smuggled 3400 ecstasy tablets into a country which decrees drug smugglers be put to death, craftily concealing the previously accrued tablets inside specially advance-purchased tubs of face cream. :nono:

If I am ever apprehended having done any of the above illegal acts, however, I shall certainly make a point of emphasising my learning difficulties as a huge part of my defence. :)

My heart goes out to the lad and his family but, fuck me, he's bang to rights. :(

jack :help:

He bought tubs of face cream to smuggle ecstasy in? Did he have a profound acne problem or a teenage fetish with facials? ::

I think that's probably what gave him away to customs. He should have bought hisself a bumper pack of flavoured condoms and bunged his stash in with that. And covered them up with family size Toblerone bars. That would have foiled them. ::

Sidenote:-

Distracted by a couple of bargirls on adjacent computer who are videocamming/chatting with a guy with a large bushy moustache who looks like Saddam Hussein. Someone obviously set him free. If the authorities need to know apparently he's in Denver, Colorado. :neener:

Gawd...another one.....

Bare-chest costs Briton Thai drugs bust

-"Shit happens!"

BANGKOK - A 35-year-old Briton smuggled 9,000 ecstasy tablets past eight customs officials in Thailand before being stopped on the street the next day and arrested for not wearing a shirt.

"Shit happens," said Alan John Kiernan, who arrived in Thailand from Switzerland on Friday and made it through customs with the ecstasy haul -- worth 5 million baht (88,000 pounds) -- hidden in special panels sewn into his sweat pants.

If found guilty, he could face the death penalty.

Police said Kiernan, whose travel documents said he came from Southampton, had told them he wanted to sell the pills to foreigners in Bangkok.

"The pills were found wrapped neatly in a plastic bag and hidden in his sweat pants. They were specially made with several layers," one police officer said.

Paraded in handcuffs before television cameras at a police news conference, Kiernan confessed to smuggling the tablets but said he had only been caught because he was walking around a park topless while trying to phone his local contact.

"They didn't catch me at the airport," he told Reuters Television. "I got through eight customs without being stopped once.

"This morning that copper over there arrested me for not having a shirt on. The next thing you know, he's pulled out these ecstasy tablets," he said, pointing to his trousers.

He added he had taken a few pills himself and appeared to accept his fate relatively calmly. His only regret was not being able to see a bit more of the sprawling Thai capital, he said.

"I can't even get out to have a look around," he complained.

A British teenager, Michael Connell, was caught trying to bring 3,400 ecstasy tablets into Thailand in November. Connell, 19, who also faces the death penalty, pleaded not guilty in court on Monday.

Ironically, Thailand is considered to be one of the biggest sources of ecstasy tablets available in Western Europe.

Source: Reuters

Archived