Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spirit_of_town_hall said:

Poor guy, I read he has profound learning difficulties and cannot properly comprehend the situation which he is in.

STH

In one thread you complain that it is not fair for convicted guys to get out after 8 of their 50 year term, and this time, its a 'poor guy'........

Really ?

BB

I have profound learning difficulties studying thai would that be a good excuse? He can't be that daft or he'd have gotten lost at heathrow. If he does not comprehend the situation he's in thats probably a good thing. Poor bugger, won't even be able to write the book. I think it has to be bourne in mind that many people who get caught are not on their first run-peter

Hi BB,

From what I initially read about the other guys, I gathered that they were professional drug smugglers who were crying to the Dutch Queen to let them out.... In this case from what I can gather the guy has profound learning difficulties, both very different cases I am sure you can see; hence my "poor thing" remark..

STH

Hi STH,

I read somewhere that most criminals - especially murderers, rapists and assaulters - have "profound learning difficulties". Do you want to extend your point of view in this case to that group also?

elef

Profound learning difficulties in effect means border-line retarded, or to coin a lovely antiquated term "embicile". A persons mental state "mens rea" is very very important when it comes to such charges as murder, rape, assault where intention has to be proven as opposed to just physically commiting the act in question. Thats why this lads situation has to be looked at very carefully and most certainly his awareness and cognitive capacity taken in to account.

STH

Archived