Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

Guest lazyphil

<<the little shithead knew what he was doing was illegal and if caught would carry a heavy sentence>>

Exactly.

<<but if they were to announce tomorrow that anyone paying a girl in Thailand for sex would receive twenty years in the Bangkok Hilton, the I would look for another holiday venue. I would not travel to Thailand and take the risk>>

And almost anybody else too with half a brain--unlike numbnuts we've been talking about :doah:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I think we are losing the initial plot here guys,<<<

which "initial plot"?

the one which some people take as an opportunity to rant about the kid deserving deathpenalty?

the one were some people think they can use as a rant against any illegal drug (but neglecting that the "legal" drug alcohol kills a lot more people)?

sorry, but that kind of plot is a bit too simple for me. i prefer to think about where those stiff sentences come from, why in countries which traditionally have used certain recreational drugs for centuries those same drugs are suddenly made illegal.

>>>that anyone paying a girl in Thailand for sex would receive twenty years in the Bangkok Hilton, the I would look for another holiday venue. I would not travel to Thailand and take the risk.<<<

that is your luxury and freedom. but that is a freedom many people here in thailand do not have. the same repressive attitude towards drugs which in so many people's opinion will send that 19 year old kid for the rest of his youth to prison, has killed a few thousand people in the recent months here in thailand. that may not really affect your holiday in thailand - but it very much affects the life i, and many others, live here. just as an example - 10 meters away from my wife an unarmed guy was executed by a policeman a few months ago. fortunately she was not the only witness as she would very possibly have been killed as well (as has happened a few times...).

>>>Also to put P4P in the same league as drug pushing is crazy,<<<

they may not do that in thailand, but there are countries where they do that. looking at your logic displayed here i assume that you also agree with those countries.

Guest lazyphil

<<the one which some people take as an opportunity to rant about the kid deserving deathpenalty?>>

I dont think anyone deserves to die for this crime. I think he should do some serious time for it though at Bang Kwang or Strangeways--doesn't matter.

<<but it very much affects the life i, and many others, live here. just as an example>>

That lad could not give a flying fuck about this or any other Thai social issue--he wasn't even a desperado sex pat trying to make enough dough to remain in LOS--respectfully fly I cant see the point complicating this story with politics--he was a greedy shit and he's fucked now and will have to be a man about it a serve his sentence.

>>>respectfully fly I cant see the point complicating this story with politics--<<<

problem though is that politics is everything when we talk about drugs. he brought a few pills over the border - so what.

they are "illegal". now, in the first place - please give me any reasonable answer why those particular pills are illegal while alcohol - a vastly more addictive drug is legal, while potatoes and tomatoes and countless other herbs are still legal (yes, you can brew some potent drug out of the leaves). go to any forest collect some mushrooms and you can make some great halluzinogenes out of it. are you gonna declare forests illegal now?

we talk about law here, and by my understanding there must be some some sort of reason behind it. an honestly it completely escapes my reasoning why some drugs are illegal while other, more potent ones are perfectly legal.

but if you look now into politics an economics than you suddenly find the explanations why some drugs are made illegal.

Says Ckrisg:

I think we are losing the initial plot here guys, whether or not you take drugs, believe that they should be illegal or legal, whether its a victimless crime or not, the little shithead knew what he was doing was illegal and if caught would carry a heavy sentence.

If the dude carried the gear of his own free will (which seems almost certain, given his flimsy attempt at an alibi/explanation) in full knowledge of Thailand's severe attitude to illegal drug trafficking, then he can't complain. Though, I agree, a few years stir would be enough for what he's done, it's not up to me. In the meantime, you take your chances: he took a huge but calculated risk, and lost. :(

Says Ckrisg:

Also to put P4P in the same league as drug pushing is crazy, the Thai Gov tolerate it, they don't tolerate drugs but if they were to announce tomorrow that anyone paying a girl in Thailand for sex would receive twenty years in the Bangkok Hilton, the I would look for another holiday venue. I would not travel to Thailand and take the risk.

Very well put, sir. :bow:

jack :beer:

Says thai3:

How many deaths would you consider to be acceptable for an illegal drug? If it was your kid you would think one was too many -peter

The stupid kid shouldn't be taking drugs. The kid dies because they take te drugs their problem basically. There is a thing called "choice" and "personal accountability".

BTW- if I had a kid who died from an illegal drugs I wouldn't blame the dealer I would blame my stupid assed kid and myself for not making them afraid of the risks involved.

There is a thing called "choice" and "personal accountability".

And there it lies boys and girls...

I personally favor legalzation of drugs? So what? my perosnal politics dont affect the fact that they are illegal in some places and you can get shot for having..in others they aint...

The law is the law...

Ya play the game ya takes yer chances...

Legal dope never made a non user a user...illegal dope never made a user a non user..

All up to you....

Fly

Reread my post you are missing the point completely, I dont really care if drugs are legal or illegal, and yes booze might kill more people each year but the point is you do not get twenty years for smuggling a six pack into Thailand.

The sentences for drug smuggling are harsh, but that his problem.

Dont do it, arguing that extasy should be made legal is not going to help this dickh.......

how can i miss your point when i don't see any point in your post other than stating the obvious (which does not bring us any further here as we can read that in the links provided already)?

Archived