Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_837340.html

Teenage Briton faces death penalty

Thai police have arrested a British teenager on drug trafficking charges after seizing 3,400 ecstasy tablets from him at Bangkok's international airport.

Michael Alan Connell, 19, from Greater Manchester was arrested late on Monday when security officials allegedly found the pills in his travel bag after they were detected by an X-ray scan.

Connell had travelled from Britain to the United Arab Emirates city of Dubai before flying to Bangkok.

Detectives have not stated where they allege he acquired the drugs.

Connell is being detained pending a formal trial.

If found guilty, he faces a maximum penalty of death.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for him if he was somehow duped in to it, 19 does seem very young to have acted entirely alone. Saying that though, he may have been been fully aware of the risks and have calculated that he could fund a six month holiday off the profits.

It is inhumane to lock people in squalid prisons for decades for such crimes.

STH

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

It is inhumane to lock people in squalid prisons for decades for such crimes.

I totally agree. They should be fucking shot.

Poor Thai government having to pay to keep another druggie scumbag alive.

Same in the UK, execute the fuckers along with all the other low life scum.

what would happen in japan?, I believe you recently came back from there. It may seem cold hearted but I can never have sympathy for these idiots. Almost always there is some story about being conned into it by somebody else. Looking on the bright side he will get repatriated, do about 4 years in an open prison where he will write yet another book about his hell in a thai prison. Glad they caught the twat-peter

Archived