Cowboy annex & Asoke corner moving to Easy SQ.?

chilli13

Says suadum:

Ahhh, grasshopper, but there is a go-go (it's lame) and a quasi-BJ bar on Soi 22.

Re BJ-bar, do you mean the one opposite Sazanka-Massage (btw, one of my fav). Afair, it is called Wild County (sp.?). I once walked in there after being to the Korean massage. I simply wanted to relax and have a beer. Not the best idea ::

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"it is called Wild County"

Well, close enough. Wild Country. Two of the ladies who work there have been nominated for "national treasure" status on Nanpong: Big Bird & HeeHee!

But wait! We do not want it overrun! Therefore the official response MUST be: "NO! Washington Square is a dreadful place with nothing there for anyone except old age pensioners, grubby oil field workers and retired American Viet Nam vets. The beer is warm and the ugly girls are unfriendly. No one wants you to go there. Bad things will happen if you do!" :neener:

Cheers,

SD

Hmm, and I was proud to find a place on my own, especially as this area is not very popular on either board. Well, ok, I see, nice try ;)

Btw, an ok bar. Afair, darts, (very) low prices, nice girls, relaxing atmosphere, low pressure for ld-drinks....

Says suadum:

You'll have to go on a beer bar/hostie bar tour with me some time. You must not have lived here long enough to get bored with the go-go bars yet LOL! Much more fun (IMHO) to leisurely play pool, darts or other bar games, drink and generally have fun with laid back ladies. No "cola" pressure in any of the Soi 22 bars. Minimal in the hostie bars I go to.

And if you are a really good boy, I'll take you to a member club or two! That is the epitome of ExPat hangouts.

Cheers,

SD

Why, that is a very kind offer, sir. Too bad it will have to wait until, oh, say, March as I am headed back to the US in less than two weeks.

I have been around awhile and active in the nightlife scene here. My first trip to the LOS was in '72 under quite different circumstances, and if you were here then, you know it was not the same scene as it is now. I worked in Vietnam '95 and '96 (a frequent visitor here during this period) and have lived in Bangkok since Nov. '96. I'm not sure if that qualifies as 'living here long enough,' but, no, I am not totally bored with the gogo bars yet.

I do visit them rarely now and for different reasons than I used to. I never go to beer bars. I am not much of a drinker and I am not on the prowl for BGs like I used to be. I don't play pool, darts, Connect Four or Jenga. Additionally, I melt in the heat. Oh, yeah, a winter in New Jersey should solve that problem for me. ::

But, I still do enjoy an occasional night out in the gogo bars where I know a few too many people. ;)

So, thanks from this very good boy for your offer suadum and I hope to meet you one day. Farangman knows me. :)

PS. I do like the laid back atmosphere of beer bars (their biggest plus IMO) and no-hassle policy for drinks.

"What the hell's a 'quasi-blowjob'?!"

LOL! The BJs are real, it just that this bar is not a "traditional BJ bar like the Stars/Rose/Kangaroo on Patpong.

It's not on the menu, so to speak. Sometimes (most times) the girls will do it in the bar and sometimes they won't. All-in-all good fun.

Cheers,

SD

Archived