Cowboy annex & Asoke corner moving to Easy SQ.?

chilli13

Apparently there's a fairly newish bar area down suk 22. Further down than both washington sq. & queenspark plaza & located on the left as coming from suk rd.

Named Easy SQ. as the new banner indicates, but still only few bar beers / pool bars & restaurents on the square...

Rumour has it numerous of the doomed asoke outdoor bars could start a new life there when & if they can no longer operate when the underground st. opens?

Any thoughs or experiences with that slightly remote bar area?

:dunno:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I have never even been to the beer bars on Soi 22. Of course, it is a matter of personal tastes, but I would not travel there to visit beer bars. I don't play pool, and I prefer an a/c bar with dancers, if you catch my drift. If these beer bars are even farther down Soi 22, I would be even less inclined to go there.

But, that is just me. I'm sure beer bar afficianados would be thrilled to have another cluster of beer bars in BKK.

Now, if a new gogo bar district were to open like Clinton Plaza, I would be interested...

I think location is important. That is why the beer bars in Asoke plaza, CEP and Soi 10 did decent business. But, IMO, these bars on Soi 22 are just a little too far to warrant a special trip for me anyway. Again, if there was something unique about them, or they threw up a couple of gogo bars there, I might visit.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting report, ib.

I'm sure it could do with a bit of extra life or indoor gogo's for the so inclined, but even soi 0 or tobacco rd as some guys call it located fairly centrally don't get much business, which depending on taste can be a nice quite place to pick up a cutie IMO ::

But basically I just tried to gather some thoughs about what's to happen when asoke corner & cowboy annex(asoke plaza) is no more?

Soi 22 area does have 2 especially attractive draws.

The best dart bars are there. That is a big draw for me anyway. (but to tell the truth I have set out for there a hundred times and only made it there once!)

The second big draw is that many Americans hang out there. And we all know there is no group more fun and intellectually stimulating than Americans!

Ok, OK, maybe a BJ bar and a-go-gos would add to the area after all!

Says ib13:

but even soi 0 or tobacco rd as some guys call it located fairly centrally don't get much business, which depending on taste can be a nice quite place to pick up a cutie IMO ::

I agree. I like Soi Zero/Buckskins Joes/Tobacco RD. But I like bar beers and it is not so noisy there. Has some darts and as you say, some fine girls there too. Quite a friendly bar. I visit Linda Bar frequently.

You'll have to go on a beer bar/hostie bar tour with me some time. You must not have lived here long enough to get bored with the go-go bars yet LOL! Much more fun (IMHO) to leisurely play pool, darts or other bar games, drink and generally have fun with laid back ladies. No "cola" pressure in any of the Soi 22 bars. Minimal in the hostie bars I go to.

And if you are a really good boy, I'll take you to a member club or two! That is the epitome of ExPat hangouts.

Cheers,

SD

"Ok, OK, maybe a BJ bar and a-go-gos would add to the area after all!"

Ahhh, grasshopper, but there is a go-go (it's lame) and a quasi-BJ bar on Soi 22. Many bars with their own ST rooms as well. You just have to know where to look.

Cheers,

SD

Archived