Cowboy annex & Asoke corner moving to Easy SQ.?

chilli13

Says ib13:

Apparently there's a fairly newish bar area down suk 22.

Hi ib,

I know where you mean, but it's been there about a year now. There is one biggish place I have been to a few times (but not in the last 6 months) called Nice Bar which has staff from the old Nice Bar in Soi Cowboy - or at least there was. This is not a recommendation.

As others have said, there is nothing special down there to make the journey worthwhile.

Khwai

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a bit unfair judging a place by how it looks at 8:00 p.m. on a Sunday night, but it was so dead it made Soi Zero look like Grand Central Station. There were a total of about 10 women spread out among the bars.

For purposes of comparison, I'll note that Washington Sq. is pretty hopping at 8:00.

A Poor Judge of Character

Hi Suadum;

Da man spoketh :Therefore the official response MUST be: "NO! Washington Square is a dreadful place with nothing there for anyone except old age pensioners, grubby oil field workers and retired American Viet Nam vets. The beer is warm and the ugly girls are unfriendly. No one wants you to go there. Bad things will happen if you do!" "

You may mention that one of the beerbars in that area DOES NOT serve free turkey on Thanksgiving if you know about it. I once went in there at Thanksgiving a few years back after feasting at Bourbon street, and had to TURN DOWN (sob) free turkey. As I just bought a butterball at foodland on ladphao a couple of hours ago, the subject is on my mind at present ::.

uhhh, I meant to say that it ISN"T there, right??

2knight1

suadum said:

LOL. Yeah, that's right. That's not there ;) and it doesn't start at 1500 at a bar named after a US state.

The one known for serving one of the worst American food and known for letting people starve when they drink on weekends?

Oh, I should have added the ;)

(I thought, this is the "discourage people from visiting Washington Square"-thread. ;) )

ps: I've heard, the Texan has a free saturday lunch for those buying drinks. Is it still there?

Texaan on Saturday and Silver Dollar on Sunday, both at 1430. While the bar owners do not say anything, folks will make comments if you just come in to eat the food and run. Squaronians are highly protective of their bars jing-jing!

But the free food tastes awful, the beer is warm and the ugly girls unfriendly...err, I already said that LOL! ;) And don't expect much from the Silver Dollar web site. Afterall this is Washington Square and they are at best stuck in 1993 :)

Cheers,

SD

Archived