EC Draw

limbo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
limbo said:

[color:"orange"] Damn BB,

is there anybody you don't know and haven't met???

[/color]

Believe you me I would have preferred NOT to have met him at all........ I fell from a ladder breaking my ancle at 14 places and my foot at 3 places.....

No more sports for me, I have exactly 35 % left of normal movement, but all previous doctors said that I would never walk again.

Then I went to Doc Martens in Antwerp, I got lucky, and so I met Marco......

As for Eric Gerrits, yep, great player, and very fair as well, real smart guy too.

Gotto buy me an orange hat for june :)

Cheers !

Here in the states its Mexico. But its more the Mexicans hate us than the other way around. Okay, the Dutch hate losing to the Germans. Which country do the Germans hate losing to the most? The Dutch, French or English? I'm assuming they are the choices unless I've missed someone.

Do the Belgians hate losing to the Dutch, Germans or French the most?

Limbo, is there still an Ajax/Eindhoven rivalry regarding the national team? Does Feyenoord even factor in?

Sayjann, I have caust to worry. Henry has not had a summer off for years now. Plus, with Pires, Henry, Wiltord and Vieira are probalby playing all games and in all liklihood will play in the final game, they will be 'knackered' as you Brits say come fall. That's a big chunk of our club. Cole and Campbell not as much if England don't do well. You don't have to worry as much. If Holland mess up again RVN will be well rested. Butt, the Nevilles and Scholes won't play in more games than our French players and only Scholes is the one you have to worry about getting hurt. A repeat of the WC performance for France would do us nicely. I'm cheering against France! Anything for the Arsenal!! ::

>>Which country do the Germans hate losing to the most? The Dutch, French or English?<<

I am not sure about the countries stated, but definitely it was no shame to lose against Brazil. Probably, the "weaker" the opponents are, the more shameful it is to lose and the more a country hates it. When Germany lost the last friendly against France, the common statement in the press was, France has a very good squad and they are better. 3:0 was too high though as Germany is still the vice-world-champion.

i have no sympathy for any of the players involved Steve.

it seems you think they play 365 days a year and never have a rest.

after the Tournament finishes they will have 3-4 weeks rest,laying on a sun drenched beach somewhere getting a good rest.

they 'work' for 3-4 hours a week with a couple of hours training 3-4 days a week.

all this and the vast wages they 'earn' makes me feel no pity for them.

would i swap my life for theirs?

chocolat steve said:

Here in the states its Mexico. But its more the Mexicans hate us than the other way around. Okay, the Dutch hate losing to the Germans. Which country do the Germans hate losing to the most? The Dutch, French or English? I'm assuming they are the choices unless I've missed someone.

Do the Belgians hate losing to the Dutch, Germans or French the most?

C.Steve,

There is a difference....... Holland - Germany is political / historical background in play here........ way less for us......

If I would need to choose, the most heated contests for Belgium are against Holland, but 5 minutes after each game the loser will admit the other was better that time, so only fun, never fights !

Cheers !

BB, historical, okay, I can see, but political? Do they oppose each other constantly in the EU? France and Germany work together closely. I guess I have to be from either country to understand.

Sayjann, the point isn't pity, etc., I'm thinking of Arsenal first, that's all . Just like how Ferguson and Wenger complain about international call ups for friendlies. I'm not sure if the managers or the players will agree if a full amount of games in the summer be it the World Cup or Euro championships is not that tiring. Its a physical and mentally draining event. Will have to agree to disagree regarding that. I ran track in college and 2 summers I ran on national teams and even with 4 weeks 'rest' before school started I was drained. But perhaps football is different. Practically our whole attack will be playing in through to the finals, surely Arsenal has more to lose with regards to injuries, fatigue, etc. than any other English club? Chelsea has the bench, we're a thin squad.

Anyway, it will be an exciting competition. I'll at least have some football over the summer.

How come the German/France game isn't 'historical'? What about Germany/England? This question is for non English supporters. Are the English team considered a force? Or just a good squad that is not a great squad?

[color:"orange"] Dear Steve,

The English hasn't won anything since the Stone Age, oops :o, sorry, I mean 1966, but still they think they're the best team in the world.

Although they have some good players recently and changed their way of playing slightly, I'ld be surprised if they win anything very soon again :cover:

As for rivalry, I think the Dutch see it as a bigger result winning from the Germans than the Germans see it loosing agianst us.

The recent German team(s) had indeed a few very embarrasing losses against small teams. The German team nowadays seems to have a crisis since a few years.

The Dutch team has it's probs as well. Nit qualifying for Portugal would've been a serious case, with these players.

Apparently, reading the press, there's still the PSV/Ajax thing and also the black vs white thing running in the team.

Finally the coach decided tho to bring in some young and fresh faces over establisded names (Kluivert vs Sneijder) and it immediately paid off. Let's hope they continue this way in Portugal.

It'ld be a typical Dutch team perfomrance, qualify at the last moment possibly, in an absolute not very convincing way (well 6-0, ahum) and than win the tournament or at least get to the semi's.

Oh yes Steve, nobody really takes the Belgiums serious :cover:[/color]

Yeah, I know about the '66 World Cup, I'm reminded of it constantly at the pub...lol...and I actually saw the video of the controversial goal that 'cleared' the line.

Anyway, not surprised at the Ajax/PSV rivalry but very surprised and sad to hear of any racial animosity going on in the club. Its That RVN boy I never did trust him, Man Utd should kick him out! ::

Anyway, sad to hear of it nonetheless, sports are one of the true things that brings people together I think.

What is more heated, Germany-Holland or Spain-Portugal?

Archived