Electric Blue - Long Term Barfine

luckyfarang

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard about a girl doing it by herself, although I'm sure it, as everything, happens in LOS.

One go-go girl I know a little bit said that if a girl was able to give notice, then there should be no problem in her just quitting at payday. The 10k came in should say the farang want to take her out of the bar there and then, without notice.

Again, as all in LOS, the mixture of urban myth, bar girl speak and reality is hazy to say the least. Quality girls would want to be retained by the bar but then they would have no problem in getting alternative employment. I think that her previous bar would take her back if she was a good earner.

In the end, she has to want to get out of the business.

>Never heard about a girl doing it by herself, although I'm sure it, as everything, happens in LOS.

I know of several girls who did that without telling their bfs/sponsors. They knew farangs would not understand it.

Posted about that before, one of the girls I know of, barfined herself from the same bar 3 times in 2 years, none of the relationships worked and she was always back.

Until it did work for her a year ago...

My understanding on this from speaking with my wife (who used to work in a gogo) is that a buy out is a permanent thing. Not for one month but likely for more. And 10K is about the minimum the bar asks.

It buys the privelege of the girl returning to work when the fling is over. It may or may not cover the girls salary for the month.

For a short term, you're better off paying on a daily or weekly basis (the bar fine). The 10K only buys you 20 days (or less) of heaven at today's rates.

My take on it is that it is all BS, designed by the bars to keep the girls in line. A good looking girl could go back to work at any bar she chooses. Most prefer, however, to go back to where they already have friends - and the bars know this. Hence the extortion.

It also depends a lot on the girls standing with the mamasan. Let's face it, some women get along well and others don't. Problem girls are much more likely to face difficulties going back and the 10K buys their way back into the fold. On the flip side, smart mamasan is not going to turn away a hot girl that's always bringing in money for the bar, regardless of whether the fine was paid.

Could not have said it better myself Shygye...

If she is WITH you she will leave that bar with YOU in mind. Not 10k. That shit is so ridiculous, 10k to buy a girl out of a gogo. Are you smokin crack? Tell her *singing* "is you is, or is you aint my babay..." LOL Does the bar fucking OWN her dude??? Tell her to QUIT. If she says no then SHORT TIME HER! Mighty bold talk from the One eyed JACK!

Oneye

>Sounds like you were a victim of this scam.

Not really. 5 months after my gf left the bar she told me she had paid 10K herself. The only thing she (then) knew about me for sure was my yahoo email address. Regardless of how much she liked me (and the opportunity to leave the scene) that was not enough to burn the bridges behind.

At early stages, while she was still in touch with other bgs, I learned about others doing the same.

If they can't get a farang to pay, they'll pay themselves.

It's a big money for them (those of you who believe you are doing them a big favour when buying ladydrinks where commission is 30B, imagine what 10K baht is for a girl).

So, it's legitimate, that's what they do, whether we understand it or not. It's not a scam per se.

Just see what the original poster did - dumped the girl only 2 days after posting here.

PSILVERS here...

Although this payment is requested by the bar, it is basically a "con" dreamt up by some bar owner/manager. I have discussed this some bar managers and some even admit themselves that it is just another way to generate revenue at the expense of a guy "in love".

The girls can leave any time. If a girl wants to return to the same bar, it is always up to the discretion of the manager whether she can or not. Even if the 10,000 baht fee has been paid, the girl may not be able to return. No guarantees. If the manager has been pissed off by the process of not paying the 10,000 baht, the girl very well may be turned down later.

I have talked to people who paid the fee and other people who did not. Those relationships that did not work out had the girls returning to the same bar again without any problems.

PSILVERS

<<Just see what the original poster did - dumped the girl only 2 days after posting here. >>

TTM, you make me sound a bit callous here.

First, the long term barfine was never discussed with this girl, just something I was foolishly mulling over.

Second, things were great as long as I spoke no Thai and she spoke no English, but the second day, all she wanted to talk about was how much money I was going to give her, and how little sex she was going to give me.

It is amazing how fast a newbie girl can get spoiled by the scene. She was on the game less than one week. I even had to show her how to operate the lift.

But she was rooming with two other agogo girls, and that was all it took.

Archived