Electric Blue - Long Term Barfine

luckyfarang

TTM,

I've heard about these 10k Baht "permanent barfines" to buy a BG out. They are common in many bars, but they are for the naive.

Perhaps he's a newbie in thinking it's a story and thus an outright lie, but is he naive in understanding he doesn't have to pay it? Who cares if it's bar policy or not. Scams are not always about lying. This is just an institutionalized scam. The gogo bars are full of women who are not bonded or bound by any contracts. Even if they were, it is not a legal trade that the courts are going to enforce agreements in for the sake of bar-owners.

I suppose a girl could pay the 10k baht herself, and maybe it has happened in your experience, but I've never once heard of this being the case. An attractive girl or a smart one should know she will have other places to work, and bargirls change bars so often anyways. There are quite a few gogos in Bangkok and LOS.

All the mamasan can do is prevent her from working in the one bar or few bars her company owns. She just loses out in the bar(s), until the mamasan changes or forgets or gets desperate for girls again.

The girls may want the option of returning to the same bar or to save face from gossip of a cheap boyfriend or her "doing wrong", but that's about it. They also want their cut of the 10k baht.

ABC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just an institutionalized scam.

So if the supermarket gives you 3 cokes for the prize of 2, this is institutionalized scam?!?

The business contract is clear, even when there are no written laws (how could there be laws, prostitution is illegal):

If you want a girl you have to pay a barfine. If you take her for a long time (more than 20 days), there is a discount.

Many BGs have a certain ethic which forbids them to cheat (i.e. not to pay the barfine), so they might pay themselves.

If the girls or the customers don't like this contract they can just leave and go to the freelance scene.

Best regards

"So if the supermarket gives you 3 cokes for the prize of 2, this is institutionalized scam?!?"

No that would be a sale; or a "loss leader," trying to get you in the door so you will buy something else at a high margin. If you mean 2 for the price of 3, then it could be an institutionalized scam (e.g., checkbin padding at certain places) or a simple mistake.

Compare apples to oranges. Indentured servitutide (illegal per Thai law since Rama V) vs a price scam on a product. We are talking about leaving the bar forever here, not just a BF. And if forever turns into a few months only, then any BG worth her stripes can get a job whereever she likes no matter if she paid the "exit BF" or not. I know several girls (supastar quality, tho') who knowingly quit their BG jobs to stay with a punter for 2-3 months while he is on holiday. Neither she nor the punter pay any kind of BF, and voila, after he is gone, she is back at her job in the same bar. The BG would have no reason to lie about this.

Basically as ABC said, it is naive to pay and I cannot add any more to his post as it covers it all. But in the end, it is always "up to you"...

Cheers,

SD

>I've heard about these 10k Baht "permanent barfines" to buy a BG out. They are common in many bars, but they are for the naive.

The naivity starts from the bgs then. They take it very seriously. Of course, they'll try to get a farang to pay for it. Or absorb the (financial) blow in the hope it will be recovered in the months (or years or decades) to come.

>I suppose a girl could pay the 10k baht herself, and maybe it has happened in your experience, but I've never once heard of this being the case.

Yes, she did pay, just asked her why. "I liked that bar, knew everyone there, lived with 2 other girls from there, did not want to change".

That you did not hear about that stands against my knowledge of 5-6 girls who did it, as I said, one of them 3 times in two years, in the same bar.

>An attractive girl or a smart one should know she will have other places to work, and bargirls change bars so often anyways.

Not all girls are like that. In fact, many are not.

>The girls may want the option of returning to the same bar or to save face from gossip of a cheap boyfriend or her "doing wrong", but that's about it. They also want their cut of the 10k baht.

Again, you are discussing their understanding of the matter. And again, I have to say - it's legitimate, comes from themselves. Not that I am taking your point as irrelevant, I myself would have been irritated by that nonsense of 10K bfine. Probably that's why I was not told when it did happen.

Maybe another way to look at this is simple, what if the guy gets the girl to blow off work at the bar for a month, on the idea that he will keep her for a long trip, but finds better, and dumps her? then she has no salary, no commissions, and no cut of the long term BF...not saying I agree with this, but it does happen, and the girl might need to protect her salary in some way. At least with a long term BF, she will get 1/2 (or what ever) to show if the deal doesn't work out...

>what if the guy gets the girl to blow off work at the bar for a month, on the idea that he will keep her for a long trip

I tried to re-extract that info from my gf, she does not want to talk about that any more. Her goodwill (and awareness of the board) has been stretched to the limits.

What a damage Uni studies can do to a former bg. Amazing or disappointing...whatever.

Sorry, I can't participate in this discussion any more.

[color:"green"] Maybe another way to look at this is simple, what if the guy gets the girl to blow off work at the bar for a month, on the idea that he will keep her for a long trip, but finds better, and dumps her? [/color]

Ahhh, the what-if game. What if,

The bar closes.

The bar changes owners.

Her friends move to other bar.

She relocates to other city (Pattaya, Samui, Phuket).

Hell, the BGs leave the bar all the time to go back home for a few days to a few months and don't pay a barfine.

It is amazing how fast a newbie girl can get spoiled by the scene.

----------------------

why spoiled? She, on the face of it, was not interested in your sex or company, something very natural, but it is her job still to earn money by going with guys, so here you go.

IMO, the fact that she is new to the scene does not guarantee she will eagerly get down on her knees for any farang who picks her up. BG101.....

Archived