ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER?

JJsushi

The Oxford English dictionary gives "swindler, deceiver" as synonyms for "cheater". You know you're going to deceive and swindle her: that's a given. The best a man can do in terms of damage limitation is, then, at least not to compound the offence and add insult to injury by swindling and deceiving himself.

That sums it up

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom has a great old saying JJ:

Why buy the cow, if you are getting the milk for free?

Don't sweat it dude. I, and perhaps many others, are in the same longtail boat. Your honest admision tells me you are open and searching. I think it's better to be choosy, playing the field, keeping your options open, cheating, whatever, than to be saddled up with the wrong one.

Open your perspective, accept what you do as simply 'What YOU do!' Don't succumb to other peoples rationale, judgements, perspective, and opinion. You just haven't found what you need to move on to the next plateau.

perhaps you will, perhaps you won't, but, you are certainly not broken.

>>>This one man one woman stuff is pure bullocks IMO.

Any hope/help for the unfaithful who want to be faithful?<<<

isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? ;)

one the one hand you don't believe in faithfulness, but on the other you wish you could be?

well, what can i say? very few people are saints, the rest just tries to do as good as possible. don't be too hard on yourself. nobody is perfect, some may be absolutely faithful, but most likely have some other faults they are not proud of. what counts more is the wish to improve oneself.

pattaya127 said:

Personally, I see no problems if you accept the same behaviour from the girls who who date/mate with you. Otherwise, everyone is different or at a different stage in terms of what counts in, or what leads our life, I just like the disctum: Do not do onto others etc........

I have no problem with it philosophically, putting it into practice is another thing however.

Oddly enough, I think we have something in common.

--------------------------------

I actually think that appparent same behaviours in life, have different causes or even consequences. The same guy who cheats and ends up "beds" 3 or 4 girls in one week, may be totally different from another who "knows'" 3 or 4.

I explain myself: what one expects from one girl or GF may be different from another, though the scene or Thailand girlie easiness seems to want to see all indulging farangs as uni-styled. I remember you telling us about being had/cheated/trumped by one girl, or pursuing another patiently (ie. sexlessly), while JJ proudly told us once he had never been "gotten" by a girl in his entire life. Very different outlook on mating, even if the same number of girls were bedded in one week...

No need to say that to each his own, if i woke up with JJ's outlook, i'd kill myself instantly. I just love the tumults of being in love, losses, gains, the hearbeats, the whole catastrophe! As Zorba said.......

Thanks Dad who I loved and admired dearly but I know he never ever was with another women than my Mom...True yet burdensome...

--------------------------

great addition to the topic. I must say that i have seen in my life and family, the people who were faithful and dedicated (like my dad too, and my brother) to their wives, and the ones who cheat. I am sorry to say that their example is more uplifting, more grounding, and a closer path to fulfilment of one man's passage on earth than the ones i know cheating. No contest.

I do not know, but i would be tempted to think that JJ wishing to tell us may show he is questionning himself, and i read somehow that he may have much contentment, but is not a happy, fulfilled, wholesome man (in a nutshell).

I do not buy the excuse of " we are men, always been, predators etc....". If it was so ingrained, we might as well not be interested in being men, and should bar the word from the vocabulary, animal being enough.

As proof of what i say, can some of you consider how many women you bed in Thailandm or even date, then compare to the mating period, months back home. Instincts that can be held up until the next LOS trip are IMO, seriously watered down. No?

Hi,

Men and women can have the same rationale to cheat if we want to. Mind you, if we want to.

I flirt and have many male friends, however, cheating on Hubby is not my game simply becuase I feel it is commiting adultery. Now, not that I have not been tempted :)

I have a Thai male friend who feels that sex with prostitutes is not cheating so I asked "If your wife pays for a male prostitute it will be ok?" He got quite mad at me saying women and men don't have the same needs ::

For me, it is just an excuse, sorry I have to be direct.

Jasmine

jasmine said:...however, cheating on Hubby is not my game simply becuase I feel it is commiting adultery. Now, not that I have not been tempted :)

Jasmine ? sorry, but I didn't realise we'd actually met and, obviously, spent some quality time :: together. When was that, then? Please refresh my memory (I may have been a bit jetlagged :drunk: if it was at Soi 7 beergarden that we were, erm, "introduced" ;)). Apologies if that's the case! :p

Anyway, all the best from an old "flame", :hug:

"Tempting" jack ::

PS. Jaz, dear (if I may call you Jaz?), keep it quiet from "you know who" :o but you may be interested to know that I'll be in Bangkok "solo and open to offers" :up: from Dec 13 to 22, if you're, em, "tempted". :hubba: Catch me at the S7B any afternoon. :beer: (Just ask at the bar for for "Big Bartab Man", or have a shufty round the place for a fine-looking geezer in yellow cravat, purple velvet flared "loons", and a rather tight-fitting Stoke City away shirt (1985-6 season) :hubba:)

Catch you later. :shhh:

PPS. Were you the one wearing the crooked neck brace that lost her bottom row of false teeth in the carsie? If so, sorry about passing out back at the Nana hotel ? I was feeling a bit suddenly dehydrated :drunk: and had a bit of a "room spinner" so had to lie down. :o (PPPS ? If you've still got my snakeskin cowboy boots and credit cards, I wouldn't mind them back. Thanks Jazzy. :))

PPPS. Minny, love, I've just edited this and temporarily changed my old "classic portrait" avatar to what I think is a better likeness of my more "casual" "partying" self. ;) It might help nudge your memory? :hug:

Archived