ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER?

JJsushi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jazzer,

Don't listen to that drunken spaced-out old twat, "Old Drippie" :down: ? I don't want to tittle-tattle, but he's really lost the plot recently (:drunk: sad but true... back on the bottle again :nono: (see his recent self-pitying "I'm giving up... (i. e. no sane woman will touch me with a bargepole) " posts. :clown: Ha! What a loser. :doah:)) :shhh:

No, baby, stick with the "Stokers", and get your "lips" round some "real British beef sausage". :hubba:

jack :hug:

Jack,

How dare you! I have been off the bottle for ...what time is it now...? Actually, did 7+ weeks between LOS trips, fell off the wagon on the flight over, now back on, sober as a mormon I'll have you know! You were the inspiration for my sobriety I might add, I glanced into Soi 7 beer garden one afternoon, saw you in a pitiful state, and thought hey, this could be me in in a drink or 2...best to swear off the stuff for awhile and grow some new liver cells. No Jazz, best you head my advice! Besides, I get free airline tickets!! wink wink!!

As for that "real British beef sausage," I know for a fact it isn't that big, and question if it is in fact real beef! I seem to recall a night we decided to drink Cat house out of Beer Chang, and then headed over to cassanova bar for a night of dancing and company and we both...ah er... never mind...wasn't me...

P.S.

Been off the booze since Sunday around 2.a.m....

[color:"purple"]OK, Clive, bloody hell ? keep your wig on and SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH, darling. Can't you see I'm "in" here? I'm only having a bit of fun chatting the tart up, but it's clear she's gasping for it, man. Are you BLIND!

That's why I never mentioned that the snakeskin cowboy boots were yours ? Good God, let's keep it simple: she's a woman. And better edit that Cassanova story out of your post if you can, ducky ? don't want her knowing I sometimes "play for the other side" before her knickers come off, do we now? You know how women can be about men like us.

(Hey, sexpot, did that fabby "chicks with dicks" mag you wanted me to send back to you arrive safe? I posted it last Monday, plain brown wrapper like you said.)

Mum's the word, then, OK? See you again in Cassanova's in January, "big boy". Quentin can't make it this time (he's fighting with Claude, AGAIN!) but he sends you a "big wet sloppy one".

Hugs and kisses, and a pinch on your cute bum!

Leslie

PS. Clive, I've decided to send you this as a discreet [color:"blue"]Private Message[/color], rather than post it out in the open on the board for all to see (for OBVIOUS reasons!!!!): not sure exactly how to send a "PM", fiddlesticks, but here goes, I'll just click on this butto [/color]

Jack Honey,

Got your last PM, thanks, sorry to hear the other boys can't make it, as for the snake skin boots, never owned a pair. Maybe they belonged to that cute little Dutchman with the glasses, said he was into computer stuff...? Anyway, got the magazine, seems the guys at the post office enjoyed it a bit as well, this is SFO after all. Also got the tatto on my left ass cheeck that you mentioned, here it looks nice, I get lots of cheers and compliments at the bath house, starting to think some of those guys are gay... Anyway, yes, best we use this private message system rather than "sipping our tea in public..." later babe

jjsushi,

I think you have wonderful sensibilities. You would do well to read a book called 'The road less travelled', it probably would help explain your behaviour. And may even help you to change it.

As for letting girls go so often this is classic risk of commitment syndrone. Your probably so afraid to commit to anyone that you create these situations so that no one can hurt you. Lots of people do it, but then you are probably missing out on one of the best parts of love..

Babble over..

:angel:

Mr. JJ:

Sorry guys. This turned into a sermon (not a "holier-than-thou" one though, as in this matter I am a kindred spirit). Due to suffering years of self-inflicted (and from bitches) guilt due to this subject, I just happen to have a thought or two on the topic at hand.

I have only cheated once in my life. It was one of those "transitional" relationship cheats. Breaking up with old gf, immediately got a new gf, but the old one called up all "lonely", so I went to her. I felt so bad, I called the new gf, bawling my heart out over the phone. I was just 17 or so. Guess my heart wasn't designed for deceit.

On the one hand, I honestly don't "feel" monogamous. On the other hand, I have a high sense of honor when it comes to being honest with a woman. Perhaps that is what part of being a man is--doing what we think we should, not what we want. As previously stated--easier said than done.

"I love you honey, but I want to stick my dick in other women" just doesn't seem to work. I can't even count the number of times a gf has asked me, "Honey, what are you thinking about?", when the honest answer would have been, "See that girl over there? I'm thinking about bending her over, and having her grab her ankles while I ram my cock in her. So, honey, what are you thinking about?". I was hoping to see that in the movie Liar Liar Part 3--The Final Straw.

I have a lot of respect for men who have a strong polygamous desire, but have kept their marriage vows in the strictest possible sense--in a world where, for many, it all depends on "what your definition of is--is". I don't regret my Judeo-Christian upbringing being a moral guide for my conscience--quite the contrary, I am grateful for it. However, as I would expect many posters on this board to have experienced, the Judeo-Christian ideal as promoted by religious conservatives has, in the past, caused me something worse than a guilty conscience--paralysis of action, and a compromised sense of moral conviction. At least a person of conviction ACTS--even if wrongly. They're not knotted-up in a neurotic quagmire of guilt. In an attempt to not undermine the high ideals they promoted, my religious teachers left out the part about living with myself, and even though it's not alright to do wrong, we need to get along with our lives. And yet many elders/deacons practice just such a functional pragmatism.

It sounds like Fiery Jack has thought through this quite a bit too. Wanting to change badly enough to sacrifice whatever it is keeping us from change--and the self-honesty to admit it. All men have their demons, though.

I stayed out of relationships for many years because of that "trapped" feeling. Then I made up my mind to be honest (what a concept!)--before the relationship officially begins. I show enough respect for her to give her the facts, so she can make an informed decision. If she doesn't like it--she needs to find a guy who is either monogamous, or who is willing to lie to her convincingly. I tell her I am emotionally monogamous, but on occasion, I'll go out for a little fun. I won't deceive her, nor will I be disrespectfully obvious in her eyes. I tell her that I won't get emotionally involved, be careless regarding disease, leave her for another woman, leave her because she gets old and wrinkled, etc...

Women put up with a lot of shit from men, but we give up so much for them too. Our freedom, most of our money; many of us would take a bullet to protect them. If we divorce them, we lose the opportunity to see our kids (save a weekend or two a month), 50% of the accumulated equity, 25-40% of the man's income for child support, alimony often times, the house, the good car, etc...Yet we marry them anyway, knowing that half these marriages will end in divorce, leaving men poorer, depressed, lonelier than before we met our ex-wives, and often times in dire straits. Surely a woman has a right to want a man who is monogamous, just as we have the right to want a woman with big bazooms, but for women to universally expect monogamy is absurd and insulting--especially in light of the obvious fact that we are not monogamous in the absolute.

IMO, as long as the guy isn't habitually womanizing, flagrant, or disrespectful towards his wife, she should be willing to accept his flaws--after all, doesn't he accept her flaws?

Ahhh, that felt better.

Later, :up:

Fiery Jack said:

Once a cheater, always a cheater?

Dunno, chief, but... so far, so good. :: Yours is a very poignant and honest post, I think :bow:: I hear you knocking, and you're already on my living room couch drinking a beer. :beer:

To be truthful, I do think that a leopard can probably change his spots (there is a fantastic range of hair colorants available nowadays :clown:), and an old dog definitely can be taught new tricks: they've just got to WANT to change or re-learn. Without the self knowledge to identify an undesirable (to one's self) aspect of being or personality/behaviour, and then the will and strength to alter it permanently, the song will remain the same until we die. That's why I am emotionally unbalanced, an alcoholic, and a liar. I have identified these "problem parts" in my personality long ago and repeatedly striven to "correct" them but never with 100% success. I can only conclude that the task is a hopeless one and that, "deep down", I do not really want wholly to rid my soul of these problematic elements (because, in fact, I enjoy degrees of what they bring to my life, and find my life duller if I banish them). Having given up hope of being "perfect", then, or "perfectly good" I merely get on with my life acknowledging these character "flaws", and try to limit the damage and/or clear up the aftermath as quickly, quietly, and tidily as I can when the demons come to call. And, boy, they come to call. :devil:

And, indeed, surprise surprise, one of the many things I lie awake at night experiencing unfocused feelings of guilt about (before repeating the same predictable guilt-inducing "crime" a few days later) is infidelity to my current very long term partner. :( But I know I'm an unredeemable repeat offender. I cannot swear that I even want to live any differently in that compartment of my life either. Marriage, for me, was a huge mistake because of that more than anything else. And I have paid for it in many ways since, but yet I do not alter my behaviour nor my attitude. The only thing I have learned is that I can never marry again, or shouldn't, for even if I do and pledge to myself and to her to remain monogamous, it will (quickly, usually) end in tears and, once more, they will not be tears of joy. :doah:

I don't consider myself abnormal (not in this respect, anyway ;)) just a man who is as honest to himself as he can be and accepts what he is and cannot become. I still feel guilty and wretched when I stray, though, but I suspect it's more the criminal's shallow remorse at being "caught" (in my case, most often caught by my own heart), rather than any nobler emotion. :o

The Oxford English dictionary gives "swindler, deceiver" as synonyms for "cheater". You know you're going to deceive and swindle her: that's a given. The best a man can do in terms of damage limitation is, then, at least not to compound the offence and add insult to injury by swindling and deceiving himself. :rolleyes:

jack :help:

Been at the Luo Reed again?

Archived