ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER?

JJsushi

flyonzewall said:

>>>This one man one woman stuff is pure bullocks IMO.

Any hope/help for the unfaithful who want to be faithful?<<<

isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? ;)

one the one hand you don't believe in faithfulness, but on the other you wish you could be?

Isn't alot of what we do in life a conflict? What we think we want vs what we believe we should do? Always trying to find balance?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pattaya127 said:

putting it into practice is another thing however.

---------------

just reading what FlyW replied to you, I am curious to hear if you see this behaviour of yours as faulty, something you would like to improve on, or just, as i said: a stage in your life (or your karma, for an entire life).

Not a life "stage". I never liked cheating even as a teen. I like intimate relationships but I also immensely enjoy variety in women. Do I see myself as being "faulty" ? Not at all. I am akin to the city guy that waxes eloquently about the beauty and harmony of the rural life, yet he couldn't survive in that lifestyle for more than a week. He yearns for the luxuries and comforts that the citiy affords.

I would love to be faithful to every woman I am with because I know that would make them extremely happy, unfortunately that type of happiness conflicts with my appetites.

I was brought up on a farm. We had one bull and about 100 cows. We never thought the bull was a cheater.

Get deprogrammed.

Qualifications for Christian ministers was to have only one wife, which implies some may have had more. The restriction may have come about because of hard times (financial). Abraham, forefather of Judaism had several wives. Moses had at least 2 wives. One an Ethiopian (probably real dark skinned) and a Moabite. Moslems are known for multiple wives. Buddhist, especially in Thailand are known to have up to 4 wives.

Who ever came up with the word we know as cheating should probably have their head examine, and I do not mean the small one!

If you want to read some good information, read the accounts of the King of Siam and his consorts. When you read the accounts, do you think he ever once felt like he was cheating?

pattaya127 said:

As proof of what i say, can some of you consider how many women you bed in Thailandm or even date, then compare to the mating period, months back home. Instincts that can be held up until the next LOS trip are IMO, seriously watered down. No?

I would fathom that I sleep with more women in the States.

I think getting involved with a chick "relationship" wise is easier in the States rather than Thailand. There are a ton of lonely women here. Keep in mind I live in Los Angeles proper so it is sort of easy to get involved with women here.

I think indulging in"prostitution" is easier in LOS. I am indifferent when it comes to where and how much sex I get. Whether it is LOS or the USA it pretty much evens out for me. I don't really think it is a "sex" thing.

jasmine said:

Hi,

Men and women can have the same rationale to cheat if we want to. Mind you, if we want to.

I flirt and have many male friends, however, cheating on Hubby is not my game simply becuase I feel it is commiting adultery. Now, not that I have not been tempted :)

I have a Thai male friend who feels that sex with prostitutes is not cheating so I asked "If your wife pays for a male prostitute it will be ok?" He got quite mad at me saying women and men don't have the same needs ::

For me, it is just an excuse, sorry I have to be direct.

Jasmine

Your right differentiating prostitution is an excuse. Nothing wrong with being direct.

LHL,

Do you really think christianity is the problem and the perceived expectations and standards one puts upon oneself because of it?

I thought the root of sleeping around and non-commitment comes from the dysfunctional relationship one has with their mother or a significant women very early on in their life?

Maybe he truly hasn't been in love or found the right one yet? How can you explain two guys who both say they love their wives but one ends up being faithful their entire life and the other can't make it to the weekend? Maybe love has nothing to do with it?

I think it is time to bring on the psychologists; behaviorists though, are my preference.........

Cardinalblue

Archived