Paying for Breakfast..... rip off!!!

I will be travelling back to BKK on Sunday so the last few weeks have been spent preparing for this big day.

As it is high season I decided to book some of the hotels that I wanted in advance. When you book over the internet nowadays you usually have to pay for the whole stay in advance. As I was doing all this planning I realised that in every single case the room charge included breakfast and when I asked for the price without breakfast I was told there is no room only charge. The price always includes breakfast.

Now I suspect that most of you like me, never get up in time to have this 'inclusive' breakfast. In most hotels breakfast finishes at around 10am that is 2/3 hrs before I normally get up. I usually wind up throwing all my breakfast vouchers in the bin when I check out.

I dunno about you guys but I feel this is a massive rip off as we have no choice in the room charge and I'm wondering if any of you have found a way around this.

I have tried booking direct with some of the hotels I like but most of them charge a really high price if you try and do that and it usually 'includes' breakfast anyway.

Am I alone in feeling like this or do many of you feel the same.

Uniformguy

C U at the AGM!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, but I have never asked for a room /wo breakfast. Now I am paying THB 3000 for the breakfast per month and this is ok (IMO), even if I am only able to make it to the breakfast about 20 times a month. If you book in apartments, then a room /wo breakfast is available, but I am not sure about hotels combined with a short-time stay.

Why not see it the other way: You pay for a room only and if you like the room for the money, then go for it. I would not care too much about the breakfast issue.

Hi

when i book (as an agent) i am only given a room only price...B/f is about 280/300 thb AUD $10 approx..not bad ...your local coffee shop will charge 15 min imo.

Not a big deal...have them deliver a cold b/f fruit etc to your room?

I would rather debate a bar fine then a cheap breakfast.

Enjoy your holiday...dont forget to check the cricket scores :)

like you I usually am never awake at breakfast 'time' & in addition hate hotel food, but I never get many of those ABF incl. deals anyways & if I do then mai pen rai if I end up throwing those vouchers in the bin :p

try grace hotel - no breakkie inclusive, but you may wanna haggle for a daily massage inclusive :hubba:

Archived