RCA, met a 'GTG' - some feedback please

At RCA, sit with group of uni girls. One in last year at a Ratchabhat, 24 years old. They were drinking whisky, we sort of began touching, eventually we were walking to have something to eat 'hand in hand'. We sat together away from her freinds who were playing 'proper' (they probably are). She had no money to get home, handed her 100 baht and she asks for 200! Had phone number, generally a good feeling, but filled with many doubts. Her father is seperated from mum, she began to say something to me to the effect of "Dong kaw ngern hai may..." Which Either I blocked out or really didn't follow cause I suspected that it was 'I' who was being hit up for money, but not sure.

I said to my friend I was with, we should come back another day, see if we don't find similar 'patterns' of behaviour from groups of girls.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just because a girl is not an outright prostitute does not mean at all that she is a "GTG". from what you describe she is what people call here "dek thiaow", and might take you for a worse ride than a bargirl could if you ever confuse the issues.

Do you know where this girl lived relative to RCA? That's a lot of money for cab fare. Generally GTG's don't frequent RCA. But also BTG's don't

expect to find foreigners there either. BTG's chasing foreigners will hang out at Kao Sarn.

These days it's hard to qualify what a GTG is but most GTGs aren't going to drop their knickers soon after getting to know them if at all

before marriage is on the table.

If you plan to get physical with a GTG you better hope that her father doesn't have good connections unless you are seriously interested in forming a long term relationship with her.

I've been married to a GTG for two years.

I don't know how u define a GTG but she definitely sounds like a "party girl" to me if you are feeling each other up on the first encounter. Not every girl tht hits you up for a little cash is a prostitute. Sort of like girls here in the States that will manipulate guys for rides to the club or drinks by utilizing heavy flirting.

Stew,

The GTGs that i know don't drink let alone whiskey, hang out at RCA, easily converse with falangs/strangers, and especially don't engage in any physical touching so soon.

To top it off, usually GTGs will never ask or disclose she doesn't have any money for taxi or whatever. They are well-mannered not to share these problems with falangs/strangers. It has nothing to do with her financial status but proper or improper etiquette.

What you described is no GTG......

Let the board game begin....

Cardinalblue

Sounds like a 'dek thiow' chick...

A gal I know has a couple of university friends like that- they have multiple boyfriends and will hit guys up for whatever they think they can get from them. One in particular met a farang guy at Khao Sarn one evening who invited her to go shopping. Several thousand Baht later at Siam Discovery the girl suddenly ditched the farang, who was hopping mad as he felt she owed him something.

As long as you keep the relationship under control and realize that it's based on a monetary basis, then it's fairly easy to maintain. I agree with the others, these aren't GTGs... more like loose chicks. I guess moving from prostitutes to loose chicks could be considered an upgrade! :D

BB,

No book but experience. Here we go again people getting bent out of shape because we each have different criteria what GTG are and it ain't the same.

The girls that i come across whether work, school, bars, social events, etc, and i define as GTGs will have similar behaviors like not smoking, drinking, bar-hopping, etc. Will all of them be exactly the same? Of course not as you have in any large sub-population group. GTGs cross all socio-econ classes but there will be generally accepted behaviors by the girls themselves that define them.

So since you are applying my remarks at a personal level, there will be GTGs who smoke and or drink or other undesirable behaviors but as a group (not individuals), they will not exhibit these flaws.

Look at it this way, there are many university graduates but based on where they went to school, how much they applied themselves and what they learned and got out of school, yes they are university graduates since they meet the definition, but are they exactly equal with each one looking the same? Absolutely not. There will be outliers on both ends but it doesn't effect the commonalities of what the group's primary defintion is.........

Bottom line: GTG don't drink, smoke or exhibit the characteristics or behaviors that stew described...

Cardinalblue

Archived