London Contingent - Running Report 2004

carew66

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Good work lads.I'm going on a practise mission with LazyPhil later :hubba: but we won't be using live ammo though>>

I need night vision goggles for these special ops next time :: :banghead:

All I have to add at this stage is that I feel that one or two of our group including myself have started to develop phycological problems,with me its mainly guilt :( .

Even if he wants to we won't be taking VI to Cambo as he will be a liability.

Much to write about but don't have the time as yet.

Rusty wants me to mention his Buddha Wobble; his unique method of perambulation along the sidewalks and sois of this fair city. It defies all known laws of physics. I tell him that all matter is only energy in a state of transition but he tells me to stop my hippy bullshit and get back to my Full Moon Parties. One day he too will be an enlightened one - just like the Village Idiot..

Now - the Village Idiot. What to report of the Village Idiot? Well, not much really. His capacity for strong drink is indeed amazing, but there are signs that his judgement may be affected much more than usual. One word: Biergarten.

In some cultures the VI would be revered as a 'see-er', a mystic, a savant. God would speak through him. If that is indeed the case with VI then God drinks too much Heineken and lives in Kent. Scary shit huh?

Okay. Some 'stuff'.

Do you remember at school when you had to dissect a frog in biology class? Yeah? Well, I want to dissect a backpacker. I really want to know just what the hell they carry around in those little day sacks. Truth - there was a guy having a piss in Gullibles the other night who was wearing a day sack. Wha'fuck?

Could someone please buy a pair of sunglasses from that guy in Soi 4? Every 30 minutes he offers me a pair and I'm wearing shades already. He is just so resigned to being fobbed off that I'm sure that if I did buy another pair he'd drop down in a dead faint.

Saw a falang yesterday - young guy, a little bit too pissed though - arguing the toss with 3 of Bangkok's finest. It seemed to be a dispute with a bar bill. I don't think that he appreciated the seriousness of his situation. None of my business anyway. But he made a playful pat at one of the cops side - HIS GUN SIDE!! - and let's just say that he was told off for doing so.

Nana Disco last night. Same old, same old. Good.

Coming out of Nana Disco I noticed (after all this time) that there is a little book store, so I popped in there this morning and picked up a (proper) paper to read over breakfast. By proper I mean any newspaper that isn't the Daily Mail (for US readers the Daily Mail is a British daily newspaper which exists only to scare elderly English ladies).

Christmas Eve today. Ah - Christmas. The sleigh bells, Victorian gents in top hats singing carols in the falling snow surrounded by rosy cheeked urchins. "It's a Wonderful Life'. The season of goodwill to all men (unless you are a Daily Mail reader ), Santa Claus, presents under the tree, turkey and stuffing and mince pies and family.

Of course, we know that is all bollocks; it's screaming and mithering kids, overheated houses and overheated tempers, shit telly programmes, the Great Escape for the millionth time and a January credit card bill the size of the national debt of a small African nation....

Here in Bangkok the only indicator I have that this fine season is upon us is that the bar girls in Golden and Bus Stop are wearing santa hats and some have red outfits. And that, as Plastic Bertrand may say is enough for me eh?

Anyway - gotta dash. I'm in Bus Stop this afternoon to catch up with N400 and his adventures since last Christmas.

A Merry Christmas to you all. Catch ya tomorrow.

Have a cracking christmas you guys, it is time for me to retire to my xmas seat watching moonraker and for your eyes only, sink about 15 gallons (yep gallons) of anything containing alcohol.

Get pigged out on a grossley overweight turkey (due to steroid injections they are almost unable to walk during their final few weeks) along with all the using trimmings...and then sleep through the re-runs of moonraker and for your eyes only.

Have fun and take care!

Merry Christmas to the London Contingent at present reaking mayhem in LOS.

i expect to hear of all your exploits when i see you all again.

i'll be thinking of you BangkokButcher,sitting in front of the telly pissed on Beer and full of Turkey.

i'll be at work on Christmas Day and having no Christmas cheer...... ::

Hey well sayjann,

it was your chosen profession.

I am sure you will get your chance, just not on the right day ;), well let's hope so anyway.

Make the most of it mate, at least you are doing good deeds during the festive season, unlike most.

So that should make you feel a little better within yourself I hope.

Try to make the most of it.. :up:

To the London Contingent,

Have a great Xmas Day in Thailand. Carew66 and Rusty please keep the reports coming and I want a full report both on this board and over a few beers at the Kings Head.

To Bangkokbutcher,

I?ve just got home from a Thai restaurant with my friend and his Thai wife ? great meal and luckily I did not pay the bill :). How are going to cope with carving a Turkey after plucking a few hundred over the last few weeks?

To Sayjann,

As for you working on Xmas day ? someone has to in your profession. At least you will be able to put a bit of Xmas cheer into their lives :beer:.

To everyone else on this board,

Have a very merry Xmas and a happy and prosperous New Year :up:.

Christmas greetings from Peckieboy

PS I?m sorry if the above does not make sense but I?ve had a couple of :beer:

not so bad really BB.

i've just had 9 days off and i volunteered to work so that someone with a family could have the day off.

have been celebrating Christmas for the last few days and just been to a big party hosted by Filipino friends and soon off to Mass with them.

Merry Christmas everyone...... :beer:

Archived