London Contingent - Running Report 2004

carew66

Hello everyone

As I write we're in Phnom Phen.We've checked out the "big two"Sharkeys and Martinis.Sharkeys is my kind of place but I did'nt like Martinis.The reasons being the disco is very dark and there are some aggressive mammasans trying to punt out their indentured and I think underage girls,to me anything that looks under 21 in underage.Also outside Martinis alot of begging kids and some very shaddy looking characters.Hiring a taxi for 24hrs is money well spent as your also hiring a minder

I've heard of other places eg street 63 and Heng park but won't be checking them out.

Looked at S21 and the killing fields of Chong Ek yesterday :( .

Down in Pattaya tommorrow PM to regroup with the rest of the loonies.

And Carew,I tried telling VI on many occasions it was a very unwise move for him to take sand to the beach and tell Spirit of Townhall it his not his duty to take care of VI's excess baggage!We're the chicks are concerned its every man for himself unless he's hooked up with a phychopath!

Rusty and N400,Phnom Phen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P127, well we're going to be around until New Year, Rusty even a little longer I believe. It's the only place to be in the so-called festive season innit?

I've been to Marine a couple of times this week. It's a bit variable that place isn't it?

What happened the other night is that STH, his girl, and me all trooped off to Tony's, just for a change really. Now, I know it's not a 'club' as we may know it but I have had some good nights there in the past.

Not this time.

Okay, it had potential for a good night but then it just got a bit silly. You know the show right? A bit of the ol' Rock 'n' Roll and what have you? Usually I can cope with this part and it is the basis of an evening at Tony's, fact is I have found it quite entertaining previously, but the show this time really started to irritate me. The pseudo-rapper is okay for say ten minutes - MAX! Not for like an hour. B-o-r--i-ng.

If I want to see a fat bloke in a romper suit talking to himself in front of a crowd then I can assure the management of Tony's that there is a fella outside Camden Town tube station who is much better. He's mental of course, but he is more entertaining than the divot on stage the other night. I was willing him to go away and just when I thought that crescendos were being reached - alas no. More 'Uh-huh's and 'One time's from that pillock. (You CAN"T rap over Barry Manilow you pillock. In fact you...oh, never mind).

I'm a right whinging fucker aren't I? Damn right! Oh, and twats invading the stage - it's just twatty, guys okay? 5 minutes of 'fame' and a story for down the pub with your mates is all it's worth. Fuckin' oxygen thieves!

Marine Disco. Better. The last 2 hours were excellent but then it was like 'Click' and it went into boyband shit for the lights on and go home. It got me out quickly that's for sure. (Please Mister DJ - bring your crowd down slowly...)

Last night I tried out Hollywood. Yeah, nice. But where are people supposed to dance? Nice to be in a club without leery fuckers in though.

-------------------------------

Oh, the Blind Beggar nee Winchester Club. Hmmmm. I don't like this place and never did but I met the Village Idiot and the lads in there for some beers and the free food. There used to be a lot of girls in this place. VI and me agreed that there is a dearth of them now - and the ones available, well, not really my thing at all. Nice curry though.

Kipster went upstairs with one of the ladies. The lads drifted off. I decided to wait for Kip. I'm not happy to leave one of us in there on their own. Something about all those villains faces on the walls I think (!)

The bastard was about 2 hours up there. Jesus - he likes to get his money's worth does that boy.

STH and me - well, we can't help thinking about how utterly, utterly, utterly shite it's going to be when we get back to London. Ah, fuck it. It'll come round soon enough. Best not to think about it.

Team Cambodia joins us tomorrow. I've just had a PM from N400. I guess he'll be telling us all about it on here before very long but I get it from the source tomorrow night over a beer.

See yas.

Hey Rusty - we're always on line on nthis board at the same time mate!

Re. VI's sand to the beach situation. Crazy innit? But what to do? If he fucks off and 'M' starts, then we can't just leave 'em. There's some bad men out there (!!)

Vi has gained merit though by letting Sileakhunt sleep in his room after he got way too shitfaced in Rolf's the other night. The lads are all staying in a hotel owned by a relative of 'M' just down the road from here and they are getting a good price.

Looking forward to tomorrow night...!

rusty said:

Looked at S21 and the killing fields of Chong Ek yesterday :( .

Rusty and N400,Phnom Phen

Did you have a go on the Shooting Range ?

Its the only chance you'll ever get to fire a rocket launcher at a cow - even if it does cost ~$200 ( I gave it a miss....much to the disappointment of the onlooking backpackers )

Glad you're enjoying yourselves.

:beer:

lazyphil said:

Angkor Wat is amazing--to be honest makes anything I've seen in LOS look a bit feeble like Sukathai or Ayutahya :cover: :cover:

I'd have to agree with you there, it's jaw-droppingly awesome, the sheer scale of the place just takes your breath away.

Would love to go again, now that I've read up on the place, and understand more about what it was all about.

:beer:

Archived