London Contingent - Running Report 2004

carew66

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A delayed report - a coupleof days out. Couldn't post from the machine in the internet cafe for some reason. ---------------------------------------------------------

Only me again I'm afraid. The cultural attache.

Yeah, back in Bangkok again - on the homeward leg and the niggling thought in the back of my mind that all good things come to an end. For a lot of you guys out there, your good times are just about to begin. Oh, how I envy you.

Statesman1954. How are you mate! Yep - Tapeworm phones most days. She is still eating her way through the contents of Foodland. She is a good lady. I have to see her for a drink tomorrow; she has something for you (!!!!!!). By the way - my UK status has NOT changed. I got an email from 'Mike Mike' today saying that there was a problem with the Big Bosses in working out the location of their arses and elbows. Wankers. Fuck 'em all!

Dynasty Inn. Okay, here we go. I'm fed up of this place. Once again they screwed up my booking on my return from Pattaya. I presented them with the documentary evidence that they had screwed up - it didn't make much difference.

Smiling, I wandered away (never lose it) and went for a beer with LaoHuli, ddave and 'other' Dave in the Bus Stop.

Bearing in mind that this was on New Year's Eve the outlook did not look good in respect of me finding somewhere to stay. Gentleman - it took me approximately 3 minutes from leaving my bags in the Bus Stop, and then just cross the street and enquire at the Nana City Inn. No problem. I was back at Bus Stop with my key in my hand before my beer had even lost its fizz. 900 baht a night incidentally.

DO NOT COME FOR A DRINK with us guys unless you need a real head fuck! Chaps - that was some afternoon.

Twice now, I have popped in for a ' quick one' in the Bus Stop and TWICE now I have ended up 1000 baht down and pissed as a parrot stumbling out of there at some time around midnight. Hey - I ain't moaning. I'm lovin' it.

Last night - I don't know if I should admit this but here goes...

I set out with the best of intentions to go and do a night of bar-hopping and go-gos (as one does when in Bangkok as a tourist) and what happens? I pop into Chequers just for a quick couple of gin and tonic stiffeners. That would have been at about 7pm. I left there at some time around midnight. In fact it may have been later because I only had time for one beer in the cathouse before NEP closed and I had to ship out.

So - I was going to just go over to do some bottom feeding at the Nana car park (as one does) and STH rings me on the mobile. I think he may have been a bit over-paranoid, or his girlfriend was playing games with his head. Whatever. I found him in the lobby and there was no problem. So, no problem right? This meant that at least I had some company and we repaired to the Dynasty for some food (well, it has got some uses I suppose). We had some grub and then stood outside with a beer and a fag. The fag soon disappeared though and to celebrate we had a cigarette each.

It was looking as though I had used up all of my lifelines. I had asked the audience. I had gone 50/50. It was time to phone a friend. So I did. And she came over. And I was very pleased and a happy little bunny agai,. Nice innit?

Later guys. Later.

I am still bummed that you skipped out on our private dance contest Friday. Missed a wery good time, even with Prakanong2000 on the wild (remember him?). He's a bull in a china shop, but he was right.

Maybe one day we can have a toddie or six together!

Cheers,

SD

I'm always going to regret not going to the dance contest. I set off with the best of intentions and plans and then, as I like to misquote to the lads, "The best plans do not survive first contact with the enemy".

I ended up stuck in BG7 on my way up to Cowboy - I got another tale out of it - but by the time I got away it was just too late.

Ach - I'll be back! :beer:

Archived