London Contingent - Running Report 2004

carew66

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed out on going to Narciccus on Christmas Eve; simply 'no power'. Shame really, but it really is good.

It is now Boxing Day and I'm just preparing to go to Pattaya. Dragged my arse out of bed at 11am and I had to check out by 12 so it was all a bit of rush. I can't be bothered with buggering about so I'll get a cab from here in Soi 4. Sod the expense.

Deployments as of today:

Rusty, N400 and Leotex are remaining in Bangers pending their departure to Cambo. They'll catch up with us in Pattaya in a few days,

Sileakhunt is flying in today from Samui (so I'll miss him) but will be following us down to Gommorrah- by -the- Sea in a day or two.

Kipster100 also will be staying in the big city for a couple of more days (why? Eeets too crazee man!) and Spirit of Town Hall is in loco parentis to the Village Idiot and will be travelling to Pattaya today. Well, if he can find the aforementioned idiot, who is ringing from his hotel but doesn't know where he is in relation to us.

I now have Alholk's phone number so I should be able to grab a few beers with him tonight.

Last night:

Weird one last night. I didn't get out of NEP, which is unusual, because I'm not really that keen on the place to be honest. Anyway, after an afternoon session in Bus Stop we all reconvened in Cathouse. Kipster was agitating to set off go-go hopping (there's always a better party around the corner right? Wrong.) and so we took him to Casanovas where I had the pleasure, dubious though it may have been, of the BIG girl in the leather outfit. We bought a few drinks for the growling ones but it all got a bit much for Kipster.

"Are you lot queer or what? I don't believe this. It's a bloke for fuck's sake"

Well hush little fellow. Don't tell them that or they may just kick your ass (or worse). It was all good clean fun and after a beer or two we dawdled along to Silver Dragon.

I had been meaning to pop in here for some time; a bit of research for a friend of mine. I was happy enough to bar-fine one of the dancers (Long Time as well) and took her to the Nanananananna Disco. Unfortunately for her she was too young. Whoops. Err...just in case you're wondering - too young in Nana terms.

Got into the room where I flaked out so fun had to wait until the morning. When I woke up without the beer goggles the lass was still a 'stunner'(in my estimation YMMV) and I sent her on her merry way about 2 hours ago.

I feel a little unwell today. Not a hangover, I think (hope) that it's just lack of sleep. The thing to do now is just get in the back of a taxi and put my headphones on. I have some pretty good road music especially purchased for this very reason.

Taxi drivers: Trying to cross Soi 3 is bad enough without these fellas going just too fast for you to cross in front of them and then assuming that you are standing there waiting for them - so they crawl up to you and stop you crossing. Just fuck off out of the way will ya!

I must get one of those giant Zippo lighters for the bar in the King's Head. Classy huh?

Enough, enough - the sirens are calling from afar to lure me onto the rocks of Walking Street...

[Edited to say - I copied this from Word to save time. Yeah, right. I've just had to go through it to replace all the inverted commas which copy over as ampersands and numbers. It's a plot I tell you. Sorry for any typo, grammar and other mistakes. It's not me. It's my brain. I'm only borrowing it.]

I/we :hubba:stayed in bed until 4pm xmas day trying variations on the "beast with two backs" ::and improvising with the available furniture.

Carew forgot to mention the Kister was pissing him off so he decided stub is fag out in his eye!

One thing of note that happened on our first night here.Village idiot and myself were in soi 3 and decided to join a couple of Arab guys who were smoking a hubbly bubbly chillum.VI picked up the massive bong when it came to his turn and the glass bowl dropped off and smashed into a million pieces.The Arabs went and we got chucked out :(

Adding to Carews piece about VI's antics in the Soi 7 beergarden.I think the last time anyone s/t'd this lass was in 1968 ::"Thats why God invented alcohol,so ugly birds can get laid too"he confided in me later :o

Meeting Peter1964 in 15:00 for a beer :beer:

I must get one of those giant Zippo lighters for the bar in the King's Head. Classy huh?

Maybe buy 2... one for the main bar ands one for the downstairs "Thermae" bar. Would really set them off nicely.

Imagine the look of surprise for the bloke selling them. After not selling one possibly for years, he gets someone asking for TWO. I think he'd pass out.

I can't believe this. Here I am in Pattaya and last night I go and do a McCauley Culkin (Home Alone).

I am well pleased with the hotel. I checked it out on the recommendation of the FLB pages. The reviews were not wrong either. The only drawback (though in truth it is also an advantage) is that it is quite difficult to find. Apparently Saddam Hussein was staying here for a bit but he felt a bit isolated and moved back to Tikrit. Oh - the place: Roof Garden Inn, next to the Harley shop on the way out to Jomtien. Trust me, it's good.

Hmmm - poor Kipster's eye huh? Well, look at this way; even a 'hansum man' must have some interesting flaw to be truly hansum. I think the scar I gave him looks like he's been duelling or something. He'll thank me for it one day. At the moment he's just glaring at me - through one eye anyway. Alll hail to the cycloptic one!

We met up with Alholk last night. Good show all round. If anybody is daft enough to actually have a drink with us then the best place to go is Flintstone Bar on Soi 8. Just ask Rolf the owner for us.

Village Idiot did one of his disappearing acts last night when he escaped the clutches of 'M' and went walkabouts. Trouble was that then Spirit of Town Hall got lumbered with looking after her. He wasn't impressed with the VI (incandescent would be a good word) but I received a phone call this morning at 4.15am from STH and it looks like they had kissed and made up. Ol' VI must like gambling with his bollocks 'cos it isn't a stunt that I'd want to try and pull...

Kipster and Sileakhunt are on there way here from Bangkok as I type. I haven't seen Sil since Samui so it'll be good to catch up on stuff.

------------------------------

Kind of a Joke for the Day:

This building site manager says to his Irish labourer, "You don't know the difference between a joist and a girder"

Irish lad replies, "'course I do. Joyce wrote Ulysses and Goethe wrote Faust"

Village Idiot told me that. Can someone explain? (!)

-------------------------------

Glancing up from my labours I can see the bay. Speedboats are skitting to and fro, some are pulling parachutes. Beach Road is all baht buses and mopeds. Every so often a Harley blats past. Falangs pass by hand in hand with sweet Thai girls. The ocassional western lady provides some contrast as they sashay along looking at tat for sale on the sidewalk. It's all pretty cool. Yeah...

Just had a call from STH. He is making his way to me and then we are going to eat. Eat. I remember that. I did it yesterday in Chequers. I've just realised that I am really rather hungry.

See yas all later.

Rusty,

it was nice to meet you in a more quite environment and to exchange some ideas and thoughts. Sorry, I couldn't resist this girl, but when you have the chance to go with a nice Pakistani girl for the first time, well.....

Hopefully, you will have a good time in PNH. What I have read, there must have been an "AGM" from another Cambo-board the last night in Martini (a lot more than 10 members). And the current girls to punter ratio of 15:1.... The usual spots seems to be open, so I am sure, the time will be great. Loking forward to a short report.

Archived