Whey Protein/Banner/Anabolic Amino 10000/Zemax

Whey Protein/Banner/Anabolic Amino 10000/Zemax advance

Anyone use/try these muscle building products? And under what circumstances? Were they effective?

I have started jogging, and my appetite has increased. Eating perhaps 2 extra 'meals'/day. The craving is strong and wondering if i am giving me self enough of the 'essentials'.

I take a multi vitamin daily, 500-1000 ester C daily, and take Zemax before bed. Was told the Zemax would be enough and good for helping to build muscle.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be a very fanatic sporter (still am a little) and I used to take a natural Protein (powder mixed with milk) or Amino tablet on a daily basis in Europe.

Not so much for building muscles but for a faster recovery and it helped against muscular pains and aches.

Creatin is a real muscle builder, but I have never used it as it's not 'natural' enough for me.

My goal was (is) to become fit and healthy and not to look like one of those white Hulks with a malfunctioning penis :)

It depends how serious you are in weight lifting and if you are planning to increase your muscles.

If you start Body Building - assumed you have a good training plan, train on a regular basis, reduce your alcohol intake, get enough sleep and eat healthy - you will enjoy great gains without any supplements.

For beginners protein is the only supplement they probably will need. Estimates for optimal protein intake is about 0.7-0.8 gram per pound of bodyweight for bodybuilders and strength athletes. If you are not able to eat enough fish, chicken e.g. a good protein supplement could be helpful.

A few years ago was a big hype about Whey protein (it is most expensive protein), but it seems that today most body builders prefer a mix of different proteins since Whey is absorbed immediately and leaves the body as quick as it is digested.

Most experienced BBs will tell you that beginners won't need any extra Aminos or Creatine, or whatever. If you train seriously maybe after ca. ten month you might hit an plateau and will stop make gains. Then it is time to think about Creatine.

If you plan to get lean without losing muscles, the latest most talked about way is a combination of strength training and modified version of Atkins diet (a low carb diet with carbohydrate loading days on every weekend)

PS: Of course, if you enter you local store like GNC in the US you will find dozens of products which claim fantastic success, but remember this is a huge market with many products which are not of any use except for the manufacturer.

I forgot:

To increase your muscle your calorie intake must be higher than you are able to burn. For most people it is very difficult to gain muscles without gaining fat as well. Therefore it is recommended to control and track your eating habits for a few days to learn more about your good and bad habits. 5-6 meals a day is recommended with good mix of protein, carbs and fat in every meal. Eating fresh Thai food with lean meat and fish should be a healthy diet. The only thing is to avoid junk food (too many "bad" calories, mostly cheap useless fat, simple carbs, e.g.)

Concering fat: avoid cheap fat and try to get better quality fat - essential fatty acids (EFAs) - found in (good) vegetable oil like Flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil. Very healthy is fish for its omega-3 fatty acids (found in many types of cold-water fish).

The same applies to carbohydrates: white bread mainly consists of simple carbs without much value for your body. It is better to eat complex carbs like oats e.g.

PS: Of course, jogging is very good for your health, but you won't get any muscles from it - except some for endurance in your legs, but for endurance they are different kind of muscle filaments involved than in strength. Therefore there isn't any need take ANY supplement except real good running shoes::.

If you want to increase your muscles join a gym with good trainers and ask them for a program which is fitted to your needs. Second I would recommend to read mags like muscle&fitness.

Some starters:

link

link

link

link

(be aware the many internet pages are connected with supplement shops or manufacuters)

I hear that! The minute I start lifting weights my appetite sky rockets, knowing the best way to lose weight or just maintain my weight is by ensuring my metabolism is at a higher rate while at rest. For me the best way to build mass without the fat (no real luck) is with a combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercise, however I'd like to know if proteins or steroids will assist in suppressing the appetite? Lifting seems like a waste of time if my mouth moves faster then my metabolism and muscle growth (wish there was a magic pill). I guess it also depends on what kind of results are you looking for, getting bigger or just trying to stay fit? ::

iono said:

I hear that! The minute I start lifting weights my appetite sky rockets, knowing the best way to lose weight or just maintain my weight is by ensuring my metabolism is at a higher rate while at rest. For me the best way to build mass without the fat (no real luck) is with a combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercise, however I'd like to know if proteins or steroids will assist in suppressing the appetite? Lifting seems like a waste of time if my mouth moves faster then my metabolism and muscle growth (wish there was a magic pill). I guess it also depends on what kind of results are you looking for, getting bigger or just trying to stay fit? ::

Neither Protein nor Steroids will reduce your craving. With Steroids you will increase your muscles tremendously, BUT most probably you will destroy your health. If you take steroids you need additional medication to suppress side effects. And there are side effects like: Acne, bitch tits (developing a kind of female looking breast), very aggressive behavior e.g.. And it is illegal in many countries and as soon you stop taking Steroids you will loose most of your muscles, a vicious circle.

As I said before: in Germany the latest way to gain muscles and loose fat in the same time is the so called Anabolic Diet (no medication involved) without feeling hungry ever. Simple said: you reduce in the beginning the carbohydrate intake to 10%!!! and eat a diet of everything which contains protein like meat, eggs, cheese and healthy oil and lowcarb veggies. Every 7-10 days you have a loading day for carbohydrates with pizza, chocolate, potatoes e.g.

Actually this a special version of the Atkins Diet for strength training and body building.

Have you seen the latest video of Missy Elliott? She looks considerably slim compared to a few month ago because of Atkins Diet.

If you want to learn more search the web for low carb.

Anyway: I will start the Anabolic Diet tomorrow and a new training regimen.

I gained 10 kilos within 3 years and lost all the muscle I gained through hard training within 10 month (5 times a week)

In 1999 I was 73 kg, slim and tall

Today I am 83 kg with an ugly belly.

If you are interested I will post my gains....

I've tried the Atkins diet a while back, however after a few months I couldn't hang. Although, I did see some weight loss I eventually fell off the protien wagon and back to the crap food. I'll do a web search on the anobolic diet plan, I guess if I found something that said I could carb out every 7 to 10 days it might be enough to fool my body and boost my will power to stay with a program. Hell I woke up today and ate kimchee and rice for breakfast, talk about being mixed up (I live in the states). :doah:

This is the webpage of the founder of AD:

Metabolic Diet

In English it is called metabolic diet.

Last year I did a low fat diet for 5 weeks. Even I trained 5 times a week, controlled my calories and ate very healthy with additional protein drinks I lost only 1 KG. This was very frustrating. Therefore I will try this way.

Archived