Whey Protein/Banner/Anabolic Amino 10000/Zemax

Saw a BBC docco on the Aitkens Diet, and:

It seems that whilst the body does go into Ketosis that this is not why people lose weight, in identical twins the one on Aitkens lost 22 grams more than the one on a low fat diet, not significant.

They then thought maybe it's all the fat consumed that's making people full and therefore eat less - nope. They then did another study and found that it's the high amount of protein that makes people feel full and eat less calories over all.

Horizon also commissioned a study to see what happened to the cholesterol levels of people on the Aitkens diet, the thought being that all that fat must be very bad, actually no, cholesterol levels were pretty normal with slight increases in so called good cholesterol levels.

Aitkens does work.

But my personal spin (lost 15Kg since Xmas) is this: when we were hunters and gatherers, we did not get a high carbohydrate intake, or only rarely when we happened across a fruiting fig tree or a couple of pumpkins, anyway our daily carbo intake was probably in the order of two potatoes shared between the whole tribe.

Protein on the other hand was probably our most common food source, as in, that antelope there. Successful groups were probably more in the market for that elephant there, and less successful groups would be making do with that bunch of three locusts there.

Fat would have been a prized commodity and given the minimal fat content of wild game (vs fatted calf) would have been reserved for those at the top of the social hierarchy, i.e That aggressive bastard and his three tarts and their sprogs there.

So in conclusion, the Coss diet is this: High real protein (meat and fish not soy) - low carbohydrate (not none but definitely no sugar - bread etc) and low fat. Moderate mild exercise, and 15 beers will put you back a week.

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laugh now, just wait a few years. :nono: I kept eating like that and suddenly I had a gut. Took some doing to get rid of it and even more work to keep it off.

>nice white mousse aux chocolate<

What sort of food do they scrape up in those thai ghettos? ::

When i was into competitive sports way back a hundred years ago, the common wisdom was you need carbs for energy. The idea of low carbs while wait training is new to me. The muscles can get by (and improve?) on just protein and no carbs?

yesterday some nice arab dinner. ::

fortunately i am in a profession which requires me to be very active physically, not just sitting on a desk to go home to sit again in front of the TV. so, whatever gut i have usually disappears by itself as soon as i have more work.

Well I don't know much about weight training, but you say carbs are for energy and that's right. But losing weight won't happen if the body is busy churning excess carbs into fat. Now if you're going on a marathon, perhaps a lot of carbs may be a good idea.

MaiLuk said:

When i was into competitive sports way back a hundred years ago, the common wisdom was you need carbs for energy. The idea of low carbs while wait training is new to me. The muscles can get by (and improve?) on just protein and no carbs?

Hi MaiLuk,

Fat and protein are essential for the body while carbs are non essential since the body can use fat and protein for energy. Therefore you can do sports on low carb without problems after your body has adjusted to the new diet.

For weight training most BBs use a modified version of Atkins to lose fat without losing muscles. Some even gain muscles while on this diet. They do 5-6 days low carb and stay in Ketosis (less than 30gr. carbs) and 1-2 days carb loading when they eat carbs excessivly.

The advantage to a low fat diet is, that you need less calories to feel full, which means you can have a calorie deficit without feeling hungry. There is NO fat loss without a calorie deficit. At the same time the high protein intake provides enough nitrogen(?) for your muscles. But this diet won't work without an intense weight training.

But as always diets works differently for different people. Some BBs feel weak for the first weeks and have problems with endurance training. But currently this kind of diet is the most effective diet for natural BBs to gain muscles without gaining fat and without using forbidden supplements like diuretics, ephedrine, steroids, insulin, growth hormones e.g.

Anyway, I presume that for endurance sport you still need a higher amount of carbs. But many people changed their lifestyle complete longtime and reduce their daily carbs to 70-100 gr carbs a day, much less than before the diet.

I will do the same since I feel much better now. For example I don't feel tired in the afternoon anymore. While being on high carb my insulin levels went down at that time and I needed something sweet to re-energize and spike up my insulin levels. While on low carb insulin is on moderate level all the time and I don't have ups and downs anymore. I even don't need a coffee in the morning anymore to be able to open my eyes. ::

There are first reports that the US food industry currently experiences the biggest change since decades since high carb foods like orange juice or bagels sell much less while low carb producers become rich. But it seems that US people don't really change their lifestyle. They switch from low fat industrial foods to low carb industrial foods. Almost probably they will eat low carb junk now. For example for low carb you need real good, healthy fat like olive oil "extra vergine", but most industrial foods contain very unhealty fat on the other hand. Like a recent survey showed: in average US people who drink diet coke are fatter than others. :: ::

Now it's 1 pm and I will go the gym for 20 Min HIIT training. Today I woke up late and had only two meals this morning: A protein shake with waltnut oil and later a self baked

low carb bread with peanut butter, two cooked eggs and a coffee with cream. Quite different to a low fat diet I tried last year without success.

And here I sit, sucking in 60g of pure slow carbs in the form of maltodextrine (+some dextrose for added spice) diluted in water, getting ready to hit the gym. Have come to notice that loading the batteries ~1h before the excercise does make a difference especially for the final 20 mins. or so of the workout. Afterwards, I'll have a drink consisting of 250g of that dairy stuff, (the one you use for making various desserts what the heck is it called? Anyway, 11g proteins and 0.4g fat per 100g, plus tastes good), 1dl (about 30g) of triple-whey supplement, 1dl (about 50g) of malto, 1 big banana, 2 spoonfuls of cacao-powder, 5g creatine monohydrate, 1 spoonful of dextrose and about 6dl of skin milk, everything mixed into a delicious smooth shake.

Have about 1-2 litres of excess lard gathered around the waist-area, definitely will cut the extra carbs once it's time to lose it. Plan is to keep "bulking" (not really) for another month now, and then in the beginning of may switch to lighter weighttraining 3 days a week, and swimming 3 days a week.

Archived