Whey Protein/Banner/Anabolic Amino 10000/Zemax

Kimchi and rice for breakfast? Have you spent time in Korea?

I eat kimchi and rice for breakfast once or twice a week. I have kimchi with dinner and/or lunch another three or four times a week. I love the stuff, and not just the cabbage kimchi. Have you ever tried "gak-doogi kimchi"?

CDN

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaad said:

I used to be a very fanatic sporter (still am a little) and I used to take a natural Protein (powder mixed with milk) or Amino tablet on a daily basis in Europe.

Not so much for building muscles but for a faster recovery and it helped against muscular pains and aches.

Faster 'recovery' and less 'aches and pains' sounds like a good reason...but what does that mean? I go the the park, jogging, pushups, situps, (lifting light bells at home) basically until i'm bagged without pushing myself as I am just beginnng. Then go and eat a big meat sandwich at au bon pan. Now if popping an 'amino' pill (like the 'banner' brand) , or taking some protein/whey powder, would help 'recovery', then I would. Because, yes, I do have 'aches and pains' on occassion...

How do u know what to take and how much? I'm 76kg.

Hi Stew,

you do mainly endurance and endurance strength training, which means that you do not need too much supplements.

If you think you will feel better with some supplements I would recommend to take a mix of carbohydrates and protein and a mulitvitamine/mineral pill after your training.

For example a banana and a protein shake (usually 30gr. powder in milk) would be fine. Oats mixed with milk, proteinpowder and some fruits will be the perfect post work out meal (complex carbs, high value protein, vitamins e.g.). Oats are a favorite food of many strength athletes.

A can of tuna (in water!), or lean chicken with some rice and salad/vegetable would do it as well.

If you like sandwiches from Subway or other places, be sure to avoid mayonnaise or other high fat sauces. For carbs avoid white bread, because it contains mainly simple carbs and has nearly no other helpful ingredients.

IMHO it is more important to have a more over all healthy lifestile - less junk and alcohol, up to six small meals a day, every meal with a mix of protein, carbs and a little bit fat - than spending money for many supplements.

Sore muscles are customary if you begin with sports but should go away after some time. If you still have problems after a few weeks, I would recommend to see a doctor for a complete heath check.

Small problems with muscles could be a result wrong training (too much in the beginning), or not enough stretching/warm up, or a lack of minerals. When living in BKK be sure to get enough minerals.

How do u know what to take and how much? I'm 76kg.

It's usually stated on the package or box. The amount you need to take depends on your weight.

Kamui gave you good advice.

you do mainly endurance and endurance strength training, which means that you do not need too much supplements.

If you think you will feel better with some supplements I would recommend to take a mix of carbohydrates and protein and a mulitvitamine/mineral pill after your training.

For example a banana and a protein shake (usually 30gr. powder in milk) would be fine. Oats mixed with milk, proteinpowder and some fruits will be the perfect post work out meal (complex carbs, high value protein, vitamins e.g.)...

"IMHO it is more important to have a more over all healthy lifestile - less junk and alcohol, up to six small meals a day, every meal with a mix of protein, carbs and a little bit fat - than spending money for many supplements."

Yes, sounds better. I was looking at 'whey' powder today, 2lbs for 2700baht...what, again, would be the exact purpose of taking this supplement?

I do not eat 'regular' meals, I mean at the exact same time every day. However, I often buy fruit to eat in mornings, or have museli. Lunch is usually some form of meat and potatoes, sometimes salad, and dinner would be noodles or rice and meat of some kind. Unless a plan were written down, prepared and served to me I don't know if I could ever follow a regimine of eating! But generally I am not a fan of junk food so I'd think the food I eat is generally healthy. Not a big drinker either.

Body type is thin. Always has been. But wearing a T-shirt I do see the bit of fat on my chest and stomach (to a thai those are full fledged 'tits'!...God I hate that...) What is the best way to make a tight chest by the way?

I used to jog alot when younger (I'm 32 now), and have been feeling great after jogging for just a few weeks now. Is there 'muscle memory'? Will the body regenerate or build physical endurence and strength faster from 'memory' of past pysical status?

To lose fat (and get some muscle) all studies say that a combination of a healthy diet and exercise is the best way.

For exercise the best way is a the combination of cardio (jogging, swimming etc.) and strength training. If you do strength training the muscles will burn calories even while resting.

Depending of what type you are, maybe you only need to substitute snacks (and of course any kind of junk) which contain sugar and cheap fat with fruit or veggies and increase your protein intake to ca. 0,7-0,8 gram per pound body weight (only if you do strength training!!).

Of course, if you have a sixpack at night you won't lose any fat, even you live healthy through the day.

If you are serious about getting lean and maybe get some more muscles too ::, I would recommend the following:

Sports

- 3-5 times a week

- Keep on jogging

- Join a gym with a good!! trainer who will give you a program which suits to you (not a boring program for everybody)

- write down your exercises everytime you exercise at the gym (weights, reps etc.). Most gyms will hand out a plan how to do it.

Eating:

- write down for one week what and when you eat and drink. This will give an idea about your eating habits and where to change.

- 3 litre of water minimum per day

- If you do strength training take additional protein

Concerning your question on Whey Protein:

It is the protein with the highest biological value and recommended by many, of course by all BB-shops, because it is the most expensive protein. But there is one disadvantage. Whey is digested very fast, but since your body is only able to burn a certain amount of protein, the rest of whey will be lost. A mix of different proteins will be digested much slower and might work therefore very well too and maybe better too, and of course it's much cheaper. I follow a German BB-board (but I am not a BB) and most the BBs prefer a protein mix. If you buy a protein powder ask some friends or at the gym which brand to buy, since some proteins (mostly cheap ones) might contain less valuable ingredients like cartilage and/or might taste terrible.

Anyway, since you are not a professional BB, for you it is currently not the question of what kind of protein to take but to take enough at the right time. Most important after exercise, and if you like, a second shake for example as a snack replacement.

To track my meals (incl. protein, fat, carbs) and my training - which I will restart tomorrow :p - I use a software called "Crosstrainer". If you are interested in a free version, send me an PM.

PS: Start to read on nutrition and training on the net and buy magazines to learn more.

Stew,

My experience with whey powder:

Lifted weights all my life and am slim. Decided I wanted to get bigger, so I started on whey protein, drank alot of low fat milk and for the first time in many years started doing heavy sets - 2 or 3 reps until failure. Enlarge 2 is the name of the product, its a high carb/whey protein mix. Tastes great mixed with milk.

Also would jog 1 or 2 times a week.

I got bigger which was good (not BB bigger), but also gained in my stomach which was NOT good. I'm certain it was the high carbs that caused me to gain in the stomach, combined with the fact that i'm pushing forty years of age. If I were younger i probably could stay with enlarge2 without getting a gut.

Now I get my protein "supplement" mainly from eating chicken everyday. Chicken is extremely high in protein and easy to buy anywhere. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
zenseless said:

I plan on taking a close look at a low carb diet, will watch this thread to see how yours goes :beer:

Hi Zenseless,

I started with my low carb diet (Atkins diet, phase I) on January 31. Now two weeks are over and I lost 3kg (6,6 pound). :up:

The diet is complete opposite to the low fat diet I tried last year which failed completely - last year I lost only 1,5 kg in five weeks with 3-4 times sports a week and a daily calory deficit.

Aktins phase I means fat and protein, but only 10gr!!! carbs a day (ca. 65-70% fat, 30% protein and 1-5% carbs). Only meat, eggs, cheese, healthy oils, some nuts, a small portion broccoli or green salad. Plus a real good multi vitamin supplement.

No processed food, which hasn't the ingredients labeled.

No noodles, bread, beer, fruits, e.g. Nothing which contains ANY sugar.

The advantage: I never felt hungry, because of the fat I am full very fast.

Even it is advised to do sports, but because I am extremely busy I didn't had any time to go to the gym recently, and it worked anyway.

Slowly I will start Atkins Phase II with maybe 5 gr. more carbs this week.

PS: To do this diet you must read the concerned books. It is not advised to do it without knowledge how to do it right.

>>>No noodles, bread, beer, fruits, e.g. Nothing which contains ANY sugar. <<<

you guys are even worse than those blasted vegetarians!

they at least go grazing.

is it fun eating numbers, milligrams, calories and proteins?

you would get an heartattack from what i gobbed down during my christmas holiday in germany...puddings, christmas cookies, lotsa german bread, sauerbraten, goose... YAMMIE!!!

from 80 to 85 kg, and i feel great! :)

Archived