HELP SMASH THE AIDS MYTH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The village I lived in for the last two years lost several people during that time to the virus -reportedly mostly women who caught in resorts from Franags. People do get HIV infections in Thailand, people do suffer with AIDS and people die from it.

Myth it is not. It is a sad and horrible truth.

RickF

>>>the girl on the cover of the book "Hello my big big Honey" supposedly died from it<<<

to be fair - she was also a long time heroin junky, so in her case chances are that she got it via needle sharing (if she died from from AIDS).

the favourite uncle of my missus was a few days ago diagnosed with it as he started getting typical signs of beginning AIDS. he is neither a junky nor visiting prostitutes. he got it most definately from his exwife.

So - there you have it, a resounding group of people who all know people who have suffered from this, and some like myself have lost friends who have died from it. Haven't heard your comments yet but would be interested to see what you say.

As I said beofre I have NEVER met anyone with HIV or AIDS, who thinks it's a "MYTH" They KNOW and suffer from it!

JB

Old Hippie said:

a well know girl (you couldn't miss her if you ever saw her, you'd remember her) on Soi cowboy is rumored to have gotton it from her German BF and came back to work, rumor is she died from it just recently...official story is she was hit by a car up country

Hi OH,

I think I might know who you mean.

She was actually a really nice girl, imho. Believe it or not, I once saw her in The Londoner with a bunch of farangs and a couple of other girls.

Khwai

iono said:

I don't get it so::

Reply was not adressed to you Iono, but to the original poster.

I had a relationship with a portugese girl en when we did a blood test she was HIV pos. Used condoms....

She stayed one year with me, then got desperate and disappeared one day. She never gave sign of life.

My first post on this board but I can't keep quiet any longer.

Yes, I know a Thai lady with HIV. She was diagnosed three years ago this month when she developed TB. Her weight dropped to 29 KG and the doctors gave her months to live. After 3 long years of anti retroviral treatment and twelve months of TB medication this lady now weighs 46KG and leads a relatively normal life.

How do I know this ? The lady is my wife of five years. People who preach that HIV is a myth and thus encourage others to practice unsafe sex are as guilty as those who knowingly pass the virus to another person and have no place in my life.

Rant over

Duke

I would say that with the drugs of today and ever improving, people who have access to these drugs may very well live to their normal life expectancy (still no excuse not to wrap it up). Speaking of TB my Father at one time worked for the Center of Disease Control specializing in TB programs, after his retirement he was called back to work as a contractor as TB had and still is a silent epidemic constantly spreading (new strains rising amongst prison populations). He recently retired, however he stated that TB is still a major threat even more so then HIV as the world is not as aware of this highly infectious disease that is easily spread throughout the world (it is a killer). I worked with a guy that tested positive for TB (we worked in various Asian countries), so he had to start the Meds regime which apparently kills the TB, however it still may lay dormant in the liver (?) (he couldn't drink beer for six months and almost died ::). Although a person takes the meds, 30 years from now a person may very well develop the symptoms of TB so like HIV meds, it only keeps the disease dormant (with TB it can go either way you're totally clean or not and won't know until years later).

Archived