HELP SMASH THE AIDS MYTH

>>>The subject of the post is not my opinion by the way, it is the name of the article linked in the original post.<<<

uups... :o

i thought that the title heading and all that is your opinion. if it is not than please accept my apologies for calling you a twat. no hard feelings please.

>>>It just seems to me from what I've read that the risk of hetrosexual transmission is overplayed<<<

it maybe is by many people who automatically assume that if someone once slipped he/she will be straight away infected. it is one of the more difficult deseases to catch (otherwise the whole of humanity would be dead by now). but it still is more than possible to be infected.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote: It just seems to me from what I've read that the risk of hetrosexual transmission is overplayed at the expense of what may be the vastly greater risks such as poor medical practice. Also I'm biased, I've slipped up and I'm hoping it never comes back to haunt me. "

None of the guys I know that have HIV are receivers of poor medical advice - the common association they have is that they have played in the Thai nightlife sector (and Singapore, HKG etc but mostly even there with Thais). None take any drugs let alone with needles.

In conclusion, if you play around with Thai bargirls/freelancers etc you run a heightened risk of catching HIV than if you did not. Using condoms reduces that risk considerably - its as simple as that. Do not believe that barowners will ensure there girls are free of diseases, its nigh on impossible even if they genuinely do get tested (and my discussions with girls on that subject always seem inconclusive and at best laughable) As others have said, its not that uncommon for farang in Thailand to KNOW people with HIV - they are real but in liklihood do not exactly choose to shout it from the rooftops. Please dont kid yourself that it is "overplayed" and a mimimal risk.

Cheers

Good advice:

Quote "Do not believe that barowners will ensure there girls are free of diseases"

Bar owners, like any business, are in business to make money.

What I like is Bangkok 5 minute test for AIDs.

That is almost as good as a physical I got once for insurance purposes. I had to urinate in a cup so the good nurse could test it. Everything tested fine, but I was a little curious as to how she came to that conclusion as I saw the nurse pick up my cup and flush the contents down the toilet.

Dont get me started on the subject of bar girl HIV tests. At best laughable, but in reality very frightening. One girl told me she has to go the doctors every month with her little book. "Oh" I ask,"what sort of test do they do?" Doctor asks her "have you slept with anybody without condom?" no, invariably is the answer even if yes, and the doctor stamps the book and takes the fee, another month of disease free girl. Everyone is happy, doctor gets his fee. Girl thinks she is fine and bar owner does not need to sack the girl. Only sucker is the naive punter....

Cheers

>>>Only sucker is the naive punter....<<<

well, the idiot punter shouldn't be so naiv then in the first place when playing around with third world whores.

what does he expect when coming here? like a visit to sunday church?

How many men actually have ever looked at a girl's book? Can you imagine going into a bar, pulling out your flashlight and inspecting the book of 1 or more girls before you make your selection?

What is even more pathetic is some of the girls do not go to a fly by the night doctor but just get it stamped with however they know that has a stamp.

i have always been of the opinion that in a normal, acceptable P4P situation (meaning: consenting adults, no force) everybody is responsible for him/herself.

if someone does not cover up he/she should not whine about maybe getting some unwanted presents.

people who cover up should understand that there is still a little bit of risk left.

healthbooks and all the other crap are worth very little, especially in a developing country like thailand.

if one doesn't get that he should maybe better stay away from such a scene.

I was quitely havig a drink on my own at Soi 7 a number of years back, reading the book, when a girl taps me on the arm.

"Not interested, go away" I say rudely as I want to read the book and not talk to a girl.

More tapping and my arm, and in pretty good English Ihear "Thats me, thats my photo" I look up and its the girl on the cover!

Got her to sign the inside of the book for me, nice girl, not pushy, just happy to be semi famous, bought her a rink and she left me alone, smart girl too!

JB

Archived