HELP SMASH THE AIDS MYTH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

This is fairly well trodden ground, I used to be of the opinion that the risk for a hetrosexual man was pretty negligible...

My view now is that the risk of developing the virus is fairly low, but certainly not negligible...

I feel that there needs to be more honesty from the medical profession and media when reporting aids as per the risk....

At the moment we are being forcefed by the media that HIV is rising fastest in the hetro community in the UK, what they are not saying is that 98% of new hetrosexual aids cases in the UK are recent emigres from Africa .....

What I would like to see is honest reporting, I am not seeing that.

STH

Some of my Thai friends claim the new moral policies are geared to trying to get a control on STDs, especial AIDs. STDs appear to be under reported, and in may cases, not reported at all. If a person reads on the internet what to take for a certain STD and then goes to a drug store and buys the drugs and medicates himself, obviously that STD is not reported nor is it back tracked to its source. In Thailand, this seems to be a serious problem. Also, with self medication, there is the possibility that certain drugs become immune to certain strains of STD. I suspect that is going on in Thailand.

Well, for starters, one many of us have seen, the girl on the cover of the book "Hello my big big Honey" supposedly died from it, a well know girl (you couldn't miss her if you ever saw her, you'd remember her) on Soi cowboy is rumored to have gotton it from her German BF and came back to work, rumor is she died from it just recently...official story is she was hit by a car up country...she was still going with customers...as for how many and how they got it, well that is anyone's guess...but it is out there. Bottom line is, Aids HIV etc are a political hot potato and every side wants it's own agenda advanced be it research, cure, political power on the Gay side ("gay marrage would help stop aids" the bullshit put out here in SFO) etc...bottom line is, no one knows enough truth about this desease.

How much more truth do we need, it's a disease with more of a potential to kill then any other sexually transmitted disease. The modern world knows how it is transmitted and steps to take to prevent it's spread i.e. condoms and regular testing. Pretty straight forward stuff, I guess as humans we need to read in to everything or make excuses to fit our own short comings (this is not directed at anyone, just my opinion).

Archived