HELP SMASH THE AIDS MYTH

Well said sir! I consider the originalpost rubbish, sickens me that people still believe this way, congratulations on your strong love for your wife. Some people here, including those who should know better, dont seem to know how close a toppic this can be to those who have close friends suffer.

Jimmie Blonde

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Her weight dropped to 29 KG and the doctors gave her months to live. After 3 long years of anti retroviral treatment and twelve months of TB medication this lady now weighs 46KG and leads a relatively normal life.<<<

and again - that disproves the ridiculous statement of the AIDS myth proponents that anti retroviral drugs would be responsible for HIV+ people dying.

I think anyone who believes so strongly HIV does not cause AIDS that they wish to evangelize others should either voluntarily infect themselves to prove it (perhaps as part of a study) or shut up.

Thanks for the support guys. Believe it or not there are days when we almost forget about my wife's status, we don't often talk about it any more. The medication regimes are much better now than they were three years ago - 4 tablets at 10pm and that's it. if they are taken religiously every day without fail there is a good chance that they will be effective for many years. When the virus becomes resistant to the current meds we will have to change them to a less friendly regime ie more tablets, but what the heck, what's 10 tablets a day if they keep you alive.

A common used phrase nowadays is "People Living with Aids" not people dying from Aids. If only more people had access to affordable meds we would hear the latter phrase less and less.

Duke

yeps.

on shouldn't forget with all the hype about AIDS - it is just one of many things people can get infected with and die from. and with the new medicaments (provided one has the resources to get to them) it has become a managagable infection.

the real problem are in countries such as india, burma, china with ever growing new infection rates, governments who arew not yet willing to adress the problem, societies which make open education very difficult.

and of course pharmagiants who still do everything that manufactuers of cheap generic medicaments can not either provide poor countries with much needed medicaments, or cannot built manufacturing industries in countries who would have enough infrastructure.

Was watching Thai TV last night and was surprise a temple has a population of about 400 AIDs patients. About 10 die per day (this is in Thailand). I left the room for a minute, when I came back they were showing dead bodies that looked mummified. The bodies were laid out on tables. What was strange was that some had big breast even thou they were skin and bones. I asked why and the answer I got was they were lady boys. A lot of them die from aids.

I wished I had taped this show because it was extremely interesting - something the west never sees. AIDs as dangerous as it is, still seems to be a mystery to just about everybody.

been there, the temple is in lopburi.

most of the patients are people whose families reject them or whose families cannot take care of them. many just get found at the gates there.

the place is definately worth a visit. it's open to everybody, and the patients are happy about visitors who buy them fruitjuice or something.

the preserved corpses are in the museumpart of the temple. there is also a huge bonebag mount (yesterday the monk who was interviewed in the documentary sat in front of it).

no need to tape the show - just go for a visit.

flyonzewall said:

anybody wonder why the twat who started the thread hasn't been back since? ;)

Charming comment!,

Interesting to read the posts above, I'm no Thabo Mbeki but just because of the terrible consequences of becoming infected, it doesn't mean you can't discuss the issues. The subject of the post is not my opinion by the way, it is the name of the article linked in the original post.

It just seems to me from what I've read that the risk of hetrosexual transmission is overplayed at the expense of what may be the vastly greater risks such as poor medical practice. Also I'm biased, I've slipped up and I'm hoping it never comes back to haunt me.

Archived