Prediction of Mar 1 outcome regarding closing time

Belem

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what the Bangkok Post is reporting is true, closing at midnight. This truly sucks a big fat ripe mango. This will be demise of the "nightlife" as we now know it, without a doubt.

Chok dee,

HOKS

Shortly after I started this thread, I changed my trip to October to see what would happen with the closing times and such? Even though the airline ticket I have is nonrefundable, I do have the option of cashing in the ticket with the airline to go somewhere else at a higher fare.

Well we can only hope reason may yet prevail. Whatever does ultimately happen I'm glad we have the board as if there is any night life left somewhere I'm sure we'll all learn of it here, where ever it might be and what the "new areas" are like. Not too familar with Thai law, could be lawsuits could hold this off for awhile...

Sounds like it is the end of an era. The 2am closings seemd to usher in more violent street crime (go figure) the drug war seems to have ushered in more violent street crime, (go figure) Now with the 12am closing I am would think there will be more violent street crime. Hmmm I may have struck on a major sociological concept. Maybe the reasons some muslims seem oriented towards the ultimate violent street crime (blowing themselves up). May be because they have completely eliminated any and all sanuk. Hmmmm wait a minute isnt the interior minister muslim. Think I might be on to something here. :)

At any rate I will watch with bated breath, looks like that trip to PI is going to happen sooner than later. My feeling is that in many ways LOS is LOS-T. Not just the nightlife but its easy going out look, and relaxed approach to doing things. My heart goes out the the 10's of thousands of people who will be out of work throughout the kingdom. The trickle down in the tourist industry will be pretty dam intense. Not many people on vacation want to go someplace that can't just relax and have some fun. Sorry fun isnt perminted any more.

vegasdave49 said:

Now with the 12am closing I am would think there will be more violent street crime.

Hi dave,

I agree. In England there is a closing time of 11.00 that has very few exceptions - certainly outside the big cities. Walking through the centre of a normally peaceful small town at around 11.30 - when drinks have to be finished and doors close - is not a wise thing to do. :nono:

Khwai

PSILVERS here...

The confirmation of midnight closing is awful news. I can imagine the number of tourists will go down and so will the spending in the tourist areas. The impact of this decision could be tremendous to the workers.

What are the chances that the disaster can be avoided?

PSILVERS

Archived