Cult films ?

New Petchburi Pete

koyaanisqatsi is brilliant. i once saw it also on a huge screen with philip glass and his orchestra life.

if you like that music, philip glass has lots of great stuff out. at the moment one of my favourite pieces is his opera "akhnaten" - great usage of counter-tenor. :up:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, JB,

Good to here from an Aussie on this ... a couple of Mel Gibson's earlier movies (Road Warrior, Mad Max ...) ... excellent stuff! :up:

"Easy Rider" ... definitely deserves a mention: Peter Fonda, Jack Nicholson & Dustin Hoffman! (? '69)

... maybe not old enough (1973), but, "The Exorcist" is way up there on my list of flicks deserving elevation, if it hasn't alraedy so attained) to true cult status.

Hey fly,

"Cannibal Holocaust" ... sounds good ... where can I get a copy? Thanks.

"Raw Meat" was a decent (B) cannibal movie ... sub-human, very large ape-like creature living and dining in some subway ... in New York I believe. We saw it at the Drive In ... double-header with the "Wizard of Gore" ... a tremendous flick. Everyone was sitting on the hoods of their cars drinkng beer, etc ... "Wizard of Gore" played second ... the gore was so incredible people were puking all around me, beeping their horns, etc ... some left!

Cult status immediately! ... very impressive !

? "Barbarella" (Jane Fonda)

Hey! "Animal House!" ... John Belushi et al

? Videodrome

... I'd like to see Thai reaction to some of these movies!

"Repo Man" ... O.K., and, maybe a classic to a certain age group; but, I'm older ... I've seen more ... not quite up to 'honorable mention' IMHO.

... it's like "2001 - Space Oddysey:" if you saw it when it was made; it was fabulous, yet, those who saw it perhaps 10-20 yrs. later, might not have felt the same way.

... I'll bet you enjoyed "Bachelor Party" with Tom Hanks! ? ... any of the "Airplane" movies

>>>"Cannibal Holocaust" ... sounds good ... where can I get a copy? Thanks.<<<

have a look at mangpong or blockbuster - if they don't have it in the store they might be able to order it.

this is the godfather of cannibal flicks - did decades before what "blairwitch project" imitated not very well.

Archived