Cult films ?

New Petchburi Pete

Fave cult film is This is Spinal Tap. :grinyes:

It is superb.

Full of classic scenes.

I love it.

From Artie Fuffkin asking Tap to kick his ass, the Chauffeur guy talking about the life Frank Sinatra had and how Tap would never understand it, Tap meeting the latest star in a hotel and as he walks off they say "wanker", shots of Tap in earlier days singing "Give me some money" and "Listen to the flower people", Tap singing an accapello version of "Heartbreak Hotel" at Elvis Presley's gravesite, the famous speakers that go up to eleven, the cucumber in foil at the airport metal detector, Stonehenge, Jazz Odyssey, Saucy Jack the Rock Opera and finally at the end when the band members are asked what they would have ended up doing if they hadn't been rockstars and Nigel says that he would have probably worked in a chapeau shop and when he's asked if he would like that he replies "I don't know, what are the hours?"

:D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new york avantgarde/underground of the 80's.

some weird story about an UFO landing on the roof of the apartment of two chicks, the one a lesbian drugdealer/musician and her lover, a very androgyne bisexual gal.

the aliens feed on the endorphines given out during orgasm, so the bisexual gal pops that way one lover after the other.

brilliant weird music, cool cinematography, low budget.

another favourite of mine is "salaam bombay"

Loved Liquid Sky, esp[ecially the end, poor little aliens!

Gartutious nudity always gets me.

Remember the Divine movie, where in the end she buys a piece of meat, then pops it into her panties for the walk home?

Jolly good family fun.

How about the the movie with TIm Burry as the devil based on Little Red Riding Hood "Legend" I think it was called.

That does sound like a cool movie. Will try to check it out.

Watched Koyaaaniqaatsii (can't spell), a few years ago and it was enthralling but don't know if I could sit through it again.

Quite like "La Haine" as well. Especially when the Algerian guys start playing "Fuck the police" really loud. ::

The album was "Smell the glove".

I'm smilling just sitting here thinking about it. Just remembered the scene when Nigel is in the dressing room before a gig and he discusses his problem with the manager about the buffet, demonstrating the difficulties he's having in making a sandwich. The manager tells him not to let it spoil his performance. Or when the interviewer is looking at Nigel's guitars and Nigel tells him not to even look at one guitar because it's never been played. And his green skeleton tee-shirt is the exact same replica of his insides... ::

Archived