Unsual Gifts for thai girls

Bkkbound04

Ok..I have 24 hrs to go then I am truly BKK bound. I've packed my bags, usuall stuff. Chocolates, perfume & magazines, the magic of the ATM will cover any other needs.How ever there is one other item I have slipped in..one of my regular 'friends' whenever she sees me always get close and sniffs my clothes and gets quite orgasmic..seems to have strong effect on her :D and she always asks me to bring some for her.. well tonight I did, so enclosed a two block pack of BOLD auto washing powder..I am sure she will love it, I dunno what she'll do with it..but hey its the giving that counts. Any other weird/unusual gifts u guys wanna admit taking ...

JP

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Chocolates, perfume & magazines

If the above items are meant to be given as presents, I would add:

Chocolates: fattening, melt easy, have to be kept in a fridge, lose their color and become gray and nonpresentable. Unusual in their diet, give a girl 10K baht and let her buy whatever she wants in a supermarket, a chocolate will never be picked.

Of course, they know how to eat and enjoy them.

Perfume: IME, a "go away from me" present in Thai.

Magazines: will never be looked at even if left on a coffee table (if they have any table at all).

Little figurines/memorablia from my country would be my choice.

One ex used to collect these - one each trip after I brought the first one for her. (Not available in Thailand).

https://secure.badtastebears.com/gallery/acatalog/badtastebears_com_Figurines_8.html

I am also constantly asked for both perfume and chocolate, and have never come across the supposedly Thai connotation that perfume implies that their body odour isn't up to scratch!! Indeed they usually tell me which brand they want, and I think the attraction is to do with the cost as well as the product itself. It seems to confer bragging rights in the bars and go-gos.

>Indeed they usually tell me which brand they want, and I think the attraction is to do with the cost as well as the product itself. It seems to confer bragging rights in the bars and go-gos.

3 years now, whenever I mentioned a parfume, even talking from a middle of duty free shop, my gf would say no.

That's where I learned about the "go away" symbolics.

Once, we visited a (then) working girl, a friend, at her place. She had nothing shorter of 210cm (7ft) of parfume bottles lined up along the window.

My first question was - how comes that she wants parfumes and you don't?

"Parfumes come from customers, who cares about them?".

During the visit, my gf was offered to take any parfume from the colection, for free. There were many duplicates.

That's what the "bragging in the bars and go gos" was like.

My wife loves if I bring perfume or chocolate from abroad. Even if we fly together somewhere, she will never miss an opportunity to buy some good quality (belgium/german/Swiss) chocolate and one of the newest perfums. And she always takes loads for friends. But i agree with the magazines.

I guess it`s the same as everywhere...they are all different...

Archived