Test your Bangkok knowledge!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virtual quiz, eh? Sounds like a fun idea.

Anyway, the scoreboard for the end of day one looks like this:

Pom Michael = 26

Straycat = 19.5

Jimmie Blonde = 15

Whosyourdaddy = 14.5

flyonzewall = 13

IB13 = 10.5

Limbo & Pharcyde = 7

Cheers,

SD

EDIT: I screwed up in adding up IB13's score.

Pom Michael said:

maybe we could have a trivia night on the chat board here. even once a month could be fun. might even learn something too.

=====================

With all the technology, wireless, IM, etc... we should figure out a way to have a Virtual BKK Quiz night.

Meet at the pub, and using the Net Meeting / Powerpoint online, IM ... etc.... have teams at the pub and a handful of "virtual" players around the world.

Cheers!

I remember correctly PM you did a lot of the real pub trivia quiz nights at one poin. Why don't you get together with Suadum and a couple of others and organize a bunch of categories and questions, somehow all related to LOS. I'm thinking travel, nightlife, shopping, language, etc. Make some easy ones to start with. eg what is a bar fine, or what does it mean when a girl says i'm kineo, and then afew goodies like tiger put up here.

I'll coordinate with KS when he is free of his parents in a week and we can use the chat room or eventually even the webcam to set up a "Virtual Pub Quiz Night" the London Contingent could make up a team, the Tokyo crew, the Oz Roos and whatever............ could be a blast. Try to get 5-6 teams online at the same time.

heck you guys all got be home by 12:15 soon anyway :neener:

Hi P127,

Me too. I can only reply to the language related questions and mayby I will get lucky and get one of the answers right that holds a 50% probability of guessing correctly :o

Anyway I am not even going to ridicule myself by trying to answer the questions.

Great quiz by the way :up: although it is more of an "expat quiz" than designed for casual visitors.

To make myself feel better I would definitely like to see a quiz about Issarn - I am sure you would like that too ::

Looking forward to your Pattaya quiz.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I am sure you would like that too

--------------------

You bet :up:!

Yes, this is more a BKK expat quizz, and not newcomers. I wonder if OranD and Flashermac will play.....

The Pattaya quizz will be easier, no doubt. If too easy, i will spice up the next one.

Looks like LHL is up for a CM quizz. Chanchao?.... Hello?....

1) True or False: You can legally turn left on red at any intersection (unless posted not allowed) after traffic stops and the coast is clear.

True, unless you're a farang. In which case you'll be stopped and 'fined'.

2) You are at a Tha Chang on the Chao Phya River, going to get on the river taxi to take you to the Oriental. There are two entrances, one free and one that charges two baht.

a) Which one do you use?

B) Why?

a) The one that charges two baht.

B) Hopefully they will have used some of the money to make repairs to the pier to prevent it from collapsing into the Chao Prya.

3) What do the following license plates mean?

a) Red w/black letters

B) White w/black letters

c) Green w/white letters

d) Light blue w/white letters (long and skinny)

a) Important government/mafia/army bigwig- not to be f*cked with unless you want to be beaten up.

B) Important government/mafia/army bigwig- not to be f*cked with unless you want to be knifed.

c) Important government/mafia/army bigwig- not to be f*cked with unless you want to be shot.

d) Important government/mafia/army bigwig- not to be f*cked with unless you want to be deported.

4) +/- one baht, how much is a unit of water really cost (not what your apartment block charges you)?

You mean the cost shown on the bill that's delivered two months after you've been disconnected for late payment.

5) You are dialing 1222 trying to get a connection to the 'net. You keep getting the message that "The destination you dialled does not exist." What is the problem (hint: no, there is no malfunction)?

You need to find the box that the PC came in, repackage it and return it to the store with the explanation that you're too stupid to own a PC.

6) You get two telephone bills each month, one from CAT and one from TOT. Why?

Typical 'let's shaft the farang' thing. Blame Toxin.

7) What is the standard deposit amount on a rental property in the city?

Whatever the moneygrabbing old Chinese woman thinks she'll be able to get away with. Doesn't really matter anyway. You won't see it again.

8) What is the likely ethnicity of the person who owns the car with the following number plates:

a) kor tor 888?

B) for por 9944?

c) Why?

a) Chinese.

B) For por? Er..poor people?

c) Status!

9) You are on Sukhumvit at Soi 4. You drive to the British Embassy and turn right. You go over a bridge. Turn right and go to the next soi that has a similar bridge. Turn right and go over the bridge, continuing on for 0.5Km. Look right.

a) What very large & well known place is there?

B) What did the bridges cross (full name please)?

a) Thermae

B) Klongs, you fooll! Full name? Fred Smith.

10) Check In 99 is a Bangkok institution.

a) What is it's main distinguishing feature, found outside the door when it is open?

B) What is the meaning of the 99 in it's name?

a) Two 6'2" katoey bouncers.

B) The age of the hostesses.

11) a) What is another name for Sukhumvit Soi Sai Nahm Peung?

B) What does Sai Nahm Peung mean?

c) Why is the street called that?

a) Sukhumvit Soi lots of dancers from Cowboy live here.

B) See a.

c) See a.

12) List three P4P bars on Sukhumvit Soi Udom Daeng (one point each).

Disgusting question! I don't frequent those type of places.

13) Thanon Withayu is a pretty famous road.

a) What is it's English name?

B) Why is it called that?

a) Whylet Road.

B) Why don't we let those overpriced condo's to gullible farangs?

14) What is the phone number for the tourist police?

1800 fuckofffarang.

15) From what (which??) terminal do Thai Airways international flights leave?

The one at Don Muang Airport.

16) Bangrak district in Bangkok always gets the most marriage registrations each year. Why?

The local Gov Office covers Soi Cowboy and NEP.

17) Silom Soi 4 has a reputation for nightlife that appeals to what kind of person?

Punk-ass fudge packers.

18) What the heck is a Teo Chew?

F*ck knows but my girl calls me that almost everyday. Is it 'hansum man'?

How did I do? :hubba:

Guest lazyphil

<<5) You are dialing 1222 trying to get a connection to the 'net. You keep getting the message that "The destination you dialled does not exist." What is the problem (hint: no, there is no malfunction)?

You need to find the box that the PC came in, repackage it and return it to the store with the explanation that you're too stupid to own a PC>>

LMAO---sounds like me!!!

Since I just figured out that there was a flaw in my spreadsheet, here are the revised scores. It wasn't adding up the results properly. Fixed now. Sorry about that guys. Doah!

Pom Michael = 27: 87%

Straycat = 20.5: 66%

Samak = 19 or 61%

Grumpy = 18: 58%

Markle = 16.5: 53%

Jimmie Blonde = 16: 52%

Whosyourdaddy = 15.5: 50%

Flyonzewall = 14.5: 47%

IB13 = 13: 42%

Pharcyde = 12: 39%

Limbo = 11: 35%

Khun Sanuk = 10.5: 34%

El_Tel = 5: 16%

Top three easiest questions are:17, 13a and (tie) 2a & 3b.

Hardest three are: 11b, 10b and (tie) 3d & 18. I have given a lot of half credits on those last two tho'.

Answers to the public tomorrow evening Bangkok time, so get your tests in to me before then. Secure your bragging rights :D.

Cheers,

SD

Archived